The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

headgasket

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zulimee

Probationary Member
Dec 11, 2010
connecticut, Connecticut
what the best headgasket and sealant for running boost at 2bar. how to i can find 2g dsm eclipse 95 headgasket 87.5mm.

Start using proper grammar and sentence structure!

If you would search you would see that the stock head gasket is good for around 24psi. After that you need a MLS gasket which requires machining of both the head and block surfaces. You will also need new head studs preferably L19 studs.

If you would search you would see that the stock head gasket is good for around 24psi. After that you need a MLS gasket which requires machining of both the head and block surfaces. You will also need new head studs preferably L19 studs.

Whaaa??? WTF

These aren't Honda motors.

Should I have put "safely" in there instead?

Also note that you are on a 1g platform with stronger/larger head studs unlike the OP. It's better to be safe than take the risk of lifting the head or blowing out the gasket from too much pressure.

What does a Honda motor have to do with anything?

Edit:

I seem to have been miss informed in the past. People have ran 30psi with the composite and ARP stud combo. I would still say to get a MLS gasket however.

You can't tell someone "24psi is safe", because maybe it is, maybe it isn't.

Fact is people have blown stock 7-bolt HGs at 20psi and others have ran them over 30 with no problems. Just depends.

But to tell someone they need a MLS gasket, have their head and block decked, and buy L19s, all just to run 24psi "safely", is to me, horrible advice.

But to tell someone they need a MLS gasket, have their head and block decked, and buy L19s. all just to run 24psi "safely"

He wants to run 2 bar (30psi roughly). The stock head studs do need changed out being the smaller 2g studs also the condition of the studs will determine if and when the head would lift due to stretch. The L19 studs will hold the pressure he wants to throw at it and then more. He can use the regular ARP studs but for 30 psi I would recommend the stronger of the two.

But to tell someone they need a MLS gasket, have their head and block decked, and buy L19s, all just to run 24psi "safely", is to me, horrible advice.

It is hardly horrible advice. Would you really want to buy a new headgasket and arps, then find out wit a blown headgasket that it wasn't enough?

He gave good advice on how to run 2 bar safely.

If the OP hit the search button, he would know that stock 11mm headbolts are not good enough to run 2 bar ( for very long if at all ).

sorry.. I have been using the arp stud bolt. I find headgasket for piston bore size 87.5mm, because right now I use a bore size of 87mm headgasket cometic

to all friend DSM tuner.. I want to ask my advice to buy a headgasket. what is the bore size of HG should I buy if I bore block 87.5 .. what brand I use most ideal if high boost. please suggest the best for me. including shops that sell online. I have been advised to use an oem MLS HG. but is it appropriate for me to block the bore size 87.5mm

may i use mitsu oem mls headgasket 86mm bore

Yes, but as said, when you use a MLS head gasket you want to make sure the head and block surface are completely smooth and flat. You do want to get them decked to ensure the flatness and proper sealing surface.

Some have gotten away without machining the block or head but it's common practice and knowledge to get the work done to use the MLS gasket.

A Mitsu composite gasket will be just fine for you. They handle high cylinder pressure VERY well for a composite gasket, and they're also far more forgiving to surface imprefections that a MLS gasket is. And they're cheap too.

THIS^

I seem to have been miss informed in the past. People have ran 30psi with the composite and ARP stud combo. I would still say to get a MLS gasket however.
I had that opition at one time also... .
I only just now blew my oem gasket after 3 years of 26psi

Same here about 3 years -minus the blown part, and about half that at 30psi...

I never thought a Stock H/g would hold up with Arps like it has till I used one myself.

OP As long at you have a good tune A OEM compsite an A set of ARP head studs will be fine...

I would check you head surface if it at all out even .001 have it surfaced.

As said before if you go the MLS route have the Block decked as well... .

Last edited:
A Mitsu composite gasket will be just fine for you. They handle high cylinder pressure VERY well for a composite gasket, and they're also far more forgiving to surface imprefections than a MLS gasket is. And they're cheap too.

may i using mitsu composite gasket for high cylinder pressure if my bore 87.5mm:hmm:

Scott's advice is fine. It's always better to do it beyond right the first time so you can just toss abuse at it alter down the road without worrying. While the OP will be fine with a comp HG, if he goes ahead and slaps on an MLS with ARP's then he likely won't be doing this again anytime soon.

Also, I just want to ask out of pure curiosity, Zulimee. Is your native language english?

There are probably less than 10 people on this site that NEED L19s. What was everyone running before L19s were available?

Well, Agreed that L19's are overkill, ;P But would you EVER need anything else?

There are probably less than 10 people on this site that NEED L19s. What was everyone running before L19s were available?

What did everyone use before DSMLink was around, an SAFC? Sure it did the job for most people, but didn't do it as good as something else.

L19 > standard ARP headstuds

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back