The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Blown Headgasket

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

94Jettameowpsst

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 30, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Got a question about this. I've read a lot of theories about crankwalk and such but one that intrigues me the most and also scares me is the one about the whole block distortion thing when the head is removed from the block. Without drawing this out into a full blown conversation, what are the chances of getting or potentially getting CW from changing the HG on a stock 7 bolt w/ unknown miles? The previous owner said it was the 2nd motor w/ very little miles but i have oil mixing with coolant issues that are really cutting my power in half (did a boost leak test and sure enough thats where my leak is).

I think I may be having similar problems with a headgasket. When you did your boost leak test how did you confirm it was the headgasket?

Seriously man. Replace the HG and whatever happens happens. Why worry about it. It costs about $80 and 2-3 hours to replace a HG. IF your motor lasts for another 20K miles then I would say it's a good investment. I have to many friends that always ask me about crank walk. I tell them the say thing. Dude you can't forsee it. Just run it until it does then worry about it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back