The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Headgasket??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cesarlcase

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 29, 2009
lynbrook, New_York
So, yesterday on my way home from work at night I drove through a very deep puddle at speed. Engine turned over and I was within feet of my house. The engine did stall and the valve cover had a puddle of water. Dried everything up and this morning checked the oil and it had milk color. Changed the oil. Now I'm going to change the plugs but when I gas it a cloud of white smoke out the tail pipe appears. Could this be water or could I have damage the gasket?

It turns out there was a good amount of water in the intercooler and piping. After draining it was clear, now my temp gauge is acting up, so I'll change the sender and hopefully that fixes it.
if you got water in the exhaust it will take time to burn it out so let it reach proper operating temperature, and make sure everything looks good, and then go for a long drive and see if it still has the smoke when you get back.[/QUOT

glad you figured it out, so were you running an open air filter?
I'm using a spectre I guess half filter you could call it. I went this route because with this intake, it has an adapter with a hose that I extend to where the fog light used to be. My int temps prior to this was 140 at idle without it, it's down 60 degrees with the tube connected and close to ambient when driving. Of course, cutting a large square hole under where the filter goes allowed a ton of water to enter. Fortunately when I hit the water, the tubing wasn't connected LOL. Also turns out my maf sensor went to the crapper as well, after changing that out the car seems pretty strong, for now.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back