The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

header temp help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talon55

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 13, 2006
somewhere, New_York
Does anyone know how hot the exhaust manifold on our 93 eagle talon tsi awd how hot they get...:dsm:

im asking becouse i have alot of heat in my engine bay and my alternator f**** up. And then i have replace it..
I was thinking to get a exhaust wrap that can protect up to 2000°F degrees
or
Ceremic coat it What would be beter to do?

Ceramic coating would be better since it wont trap moisture. But the wrap would be less money and be done sooner. The wrap will most of the time trap moisture and cause the manifold to rust.

Ceramic coating would be better since it wont trap moisture. But the wrap would be less money and be done sooner. The wrap will most of the time trap moisture and cause the manifold to rust.

My header is ceramic coated. so is the o2 housing also.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back