The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

hard time with my slave cylinder

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolwata34

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
berlin, Connecticut
hey guys, well i been having a hard time with my slave cylinder and and it let loose about 2 months ago and i been having to fill it up with brake fliud every couple weeks. well my 3,4th gear went in my car today. i can start it in 3rd, and 4th gear and it will stall out (with my foot on the clutch)and any one know if my slave cylinder is the cause or, im probally looking at tearing down the tranny and takeing a look inside? i just put my clutch in april and i havent gotten crazy with it. any one got any ideas

the only reason why i was leaning towards more tranny issues than slave cylinder, cause i still have 1,2 and 5th gear

You need to fix your slave cylinder and properly bleed the clutch before you go assuming anything. Where was it leaking at? I would look into the slave,master make sure everything not leaking. Properly bleed it and then if all that checks out the double check the pedal adjustment.

You need to fix your slave cylinder and properly bleed the clutch before you go assuming anything. Where was it leaking at? I would look into the slave,master make sure everything not leaking. Properly bleed it and then if all that checks out the double check the pedal adjustment.

+1 fix what you know is wrong and go from there. Your trans is going to shift like shat if the clutch isn't disengaging properly.

i had the same problem it was both my slave and my master which were bad. look under your dash to see if it is leaking anyfluid by the gas pedal. id go about replacing both of those befor your tranny. good luck.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back