The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

all black 4G63

Proven Member
Aug 5, 2019
Chicago, Illinois
Just wanted to check if anyone knows the fuel level voltages for a stock 1G AWD fuel tank and sender when trying to calibrate the IC7 dash. Sorry I’m trying to take the easy way out here..I’m looking for “empty” and “full” voltages
Thanks

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The 1G FSM lists the resistance for the Fuel Sender as 3 +- 2 ohms when full and 110 +- 7 ohms empty.
You'll have to do the math to find the voltage after the voltage drop across the resistance. Ohms law applies here.

Voltage/Amps=Resistance - Ohms Law
Thanks Steve! :cool:

LOL Thanks, unfortunately this will not work because when the sender is all the way down at 110 ohms that would be a dry tank (no reserve). I’m trying to calibrate the Haltech dash preventing myself from completely filling it. But it’s ok I’ll just have to do that since I’m not finding the quick answer. I’ll post the measurements after I do it so the next guy can save time.

So here are the values for anyone trying to calibrate an IC7 dash fuel level in a 1G AWD with a stock tank and a stock fuel level sender:

First will be measurements with the stock dash and sender plugged in: EMPTY

Empty (please see photo for reference of Empty).
-Measured at the sender with stock dash plugged in, vehicle running @ 14.3V charging, fuel level sender reads 4.38V
-With the motor off and stock DSM dash plugged in resistance is 34.5Ω
-With the motor off and the stock dash unplugged resistance reads 85Ω

With the IC7 Plugged in, engine running, empty fuel tank, voltage on (AVI4- 240Ω pull up) reads 1.21v

With the engine running and with a full tank of gas (~13 GAL) voltage on AVI4 reads .003v

With IC7 plugged in motor off - 1.8Ω measured at sender.

I hope this helps someone calibrate their IC7 dash.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back