The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Gsc s1 vs Gsc s2? Should i go up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fic should have provided you with a voltage table. Its a really close starting point. Then you may have to adjust it a bit to be perfect
They did , it's just not the same as the table that fix give you..... meaning like on the left of the graph it's like 2v 5v 8v 12v etc..... fic gives u 3 9 13 etc? I was just confused as to what goes were

To be honest guys they got me bent over at work..... nursing is ruff, I'm on 9 days straight two doubles. That's probably why I say :f-u: you Fp black I deserve better. But on the serious note, as much as I love changing things I need to get the car dialed in and go from there. I find that my car habit and part buying is my coping mechanism. It's like my therapy. I love changing things and making it better, it's almost like playing a game as a kid building a character up.. if that makes any sense. I'm going to focus on getting the bigger injectors in... the fic 1650s, I was so focused on the deadtime and global I didn't even realize that voltage table for the injectors. That's probably why I was having trouble getting them dialed in. I want to get those injectors dialed in and take it to the dyno to get some graphes for my wall.
Haha, I know how it is. The whole reason I got back into DSMs is because I graduated pharmacy school and absolutely hated my job for 2 years until I figured out I needed a complete change. Moved into a house, got a better pharmacist job and bought another DSM. Life is so much better now. The car gives me a lot to look forward to when I have time off.

I can tell you the motor is so much more rev happy since dropping the Fp manifold. I could never go back to a 8cm housing.... chokes the motor.

The Fp manifold and fp 8cm housing is not as good as a proper t3 setup when it comes to flow, but great power that holds to high rpms are possible. check out post #49 for this users results on the fp black at 35 psi

http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/fp-black-street-car.474351/page-2

600 whp and 400 wtq at 8k rpms.

The Fp manifold and fp 8cm housing is not as good as a proper t3 setup when it comes to flow, but great power that holds to high rpms are possible. check out post #49 for this users results on the fp black at 35 psi

http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/fp-black-street-car.474351/page-2

600 whp and 400 wtq at 8k rpms.
I was told that anything over 30psi with that turbo is pushing it.......those are great numbers for sure. Isnt that really pushing it with that setup. I havent seen to many fp journals turbos close to 600

I was told that anything over 30psi with that turbo is pushing it.......those are great numbers for sure. Isnt that really pushing it with that setup. I havent seen to many fp journals turbos close to 600

That is the main factor really, the CHRA on the bolt on FP turbos dont seem to like more than 30 psi, at least for long.

That is the main factor really, the CHRA on the bolt on FP turbos dont seem to like more than 30 psi, at least for long.
I dont want to make it seem like I was putting fp turbos down.....they are great really. Ive owned the green and black.....both ran great. The first one I sold to a local guy and he made 500+ on the green on a 2.3 stroker. I just wanted more than 30psi and i refuse to have a part on my car that is questionable. I was at 27psi on a stock block......figured id bite the bullet.

I dont want to make it seem like I was putting fp turbos down.....they are great really. Ive owned the green and black.....both ran great. The first one I sold to a local guy and he made 500+ on the green on a 2.3 stroker. I just wanted more than 30psi and i refuse to have a part on my car that is questionable. I was at 27psi on a stock block......figured id bite the bullet.

Smart man.
(Serious, not sarcastic...)

Not Revving past 8k is a waste of that turbo.

With a .63 housing, forrester intake, and comp 272's my 3586 makes peak power right around 8,000 rpms, and holds flat past 9,000. With a .82 housing, same intake, and kelford 272's I made peak power at 8,850 rpms.

The spool difference is 500-700rpms in 3rd or 4th, but worlds apart in 1st or 2nd gear on the street.
I guess what im asking is, do you think buying the s2s would be worth the 600 bucks alreading running the s1? My valvetrain is ready.....If its going to help with my powerband up top substantially its worth it to me.

Better start saving money for transmissions. They don't last long when you make a lot of street pulls.
Part of my testing was to see how much power I could make keeping torque under 400ft/lbs. The car ended up around 600, but the powerband sucked. It made the car feel like a turbo Honda, not a dsm.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back