The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Kelford 272s vs. gsc s2.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsxcody

10+ Year Contributor
May 16, 2010
Snohomish, Washington
Just picked up my new snail. A pte dsm flanged 6152rs dbb. Now I need a metal hg, cams, and camgears so I can run this ported head I have. It has kiggley beehives, ti retainers, and supertech valves. ill be running her completely stock below the head gasket. Gonna try to push the boundaries of a 6 bolt with a english racing tune:)

My first question is comparing the kelford 272s between the gsc s2 cams. What do you guys think is a better cam for my setup? I want broad power and torque more than I want the cam with the absolute most top end. I know theyre both great cams, just looking for some outside oppinion.

Also I'm in the market for a metal headgasket. Not sure what to go with, or what thickness I should get. Im gonna be using arp l19s.

Thanks guys!

1-TX272 Camshaft Set

Kelford cams are a great choice, I've ran them in one of my dsm. For your size turbo both choices of cams would be good.

GSC Power-Division Evo 1-3 and DSM S2 Camshafts :: DSM/EVO 1-3 Camshafts :: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 1-3/ DSM (4G63) :: Mitsubishi :: GSC Power Division: Performance Camshafts, CNC Cylinder Heads, Race, Engines, Parts

GSC are cheaper, and from what I've read you don't have to run cam gears to make large gains simply bolt in a gain hp.

This is all based off my 2cents and I,ve not run GSC cam but at the same time never heard anything bad about them.

I really like kelford cams as it seems all there cams make the most top end power.
As far as a head gasket I would just keep it simple and get a standard mitsubsihi MLS as thats all you will need.
With the block not being surfaced flat for an MLS gasket type I would almost just use a good composite gasket from eather ajusa or mitsubishi . Jackson auto machine sells the ajusa gasket check it out as you might have sealing problems with the block not being surfaced and your really not going to be making huge power anyway for a MLS. The L19s will aid in keeping the head down so they will help keep the gasket alive longer as well.
Stock cam gears are fine as well so you can save some money there.

Well I was planning on having it resurfaced. Seems like it would be well worth the money. And Im going to get cam gears because I want as good of a tune as I can possibly get.

Im running kelfords 272's with my 6152 dbb and I cant be happier. Im revin to 8200rpms without any issues. As far as the other cams.. I have no first hand experiance. Hope this helps.

Yeah man thanks. I appreciate the input. Do u bounce limiter all the time at 82?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back