The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

Glow gauges [Merged 3-9]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wow that looks awesome! I should be getting mine tomorrow. Thanks for the pics!!

ok, so the previous owner had a hack job of reverse glow gauges in the car, so i decided on taking them out, and that all went fine until i tried my headlights. signals work. but my headlights wont go on, my gauge cluster, a/c, heater controls, nothing lights up. so obviously a cut a wire or something is the problem, but would anyone be able to lead me in the direction of a ignition/parking lights schematic? or maybe know of the color wire i should be looking for? any help would be much appreciated. :(

First go check your fuse. Then come back and tell us if that was the problem. And if not some one will lead you in the right direction.

the only thing i can think of is to retrace your tracks and try and find which wires you cut, and splice them back together and see if that fixes it, and if not i have a manual with the wiring schematics for the headlights but its very tough to understand, and i dunno if that picture will show up well enough for you to read it

yeah, i have taillights and i've checked every fuse i could find. both in the engine bay and by the kick panel underneath the dash. they are all good. does any schematic tell what wire is for the headlight switch? or parking light.

Well, the guy had to have his gauges spliced into somewhere that turned on with the running/headlights. Maybe he cut a wire that ran all of those lights and you just yanked it out. I would go back to where his splices were and match like color wires.

Just want to add to this since I got mine today and installed them with no problem..I only removed my speedo gauge until I found out that there made so you don't have to remove the needles..Then I hooked them up to my dimmer switch so they come on when I turn the headlights on very easy..Oh and yes there made to go over the old black faces...I would recommend these to anyone there nice clean and a change of view..Yes there very bright but do come with a dimmer switch...I give this product a A++ especially for only paying 28 shipped..I would like some feedback on how long they last are they still working on those cars a year later post up and let me know..

It's not hard to take out the cluster at all. There are 10 or 15 phillips screws that need to be removed. You can remove the face and needles with a fork.. Takes about 20 min or so to remove...

Before you make the leap, be advised that glow gauge faces often have a very short service life, and damage to the oil and fuel gauges during the process is very common.
Spend the money on a better stereo instead.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back