The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Glow Shift Gauges?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just ordered them. Got the 7 series tinted boost, oil pressure, volts. Got them for 130 shipped from glowshift.com :thumb:

I know this is an older thread but instead of creating a new one I decided to post here...

I'm planning on ordering the A pillar set for my GSX soon. I need some help deciding on which gauges to get. I know that boost is important but not sure on the other two. I've read EGT is good but heard it wasn't necessary after tuning is complete. So if I am planning to have some logging software do I really need it? Also, what is this oil filter adapter and do I need it?

Also, I'm pretty sure I don't want the tinted ones because they are harder to see. But I can't decide on the white or black ones. Does anyone have preference?

Thanks!

I have the black ones and i dont have any problems with seeing them, i like mine only problem was a faulty oil sending unit. I was repalced within 3 or 4 days. Im getting the 3 gauge pillar from them to accomodate my wideband this winter.

Great, since I plan on switching out the stock gauges to white ones, I'll go with the white ones. But what about the three gauges I need to get for my first ones. Boost I know, but what about the other two? EGT? Oil Pressure or Temp, A/F, Fuel Pressure, Wideband?

Wideband, boost, and oil, you dont need a egt, put that money toward a tuning device like dsm link, or something esle.

Dude are you serious. 4 threads back to back about the same thing... GTFO

Stop trolling, n00b.
Glowshift gauges suck for the most part, no one cares about the review that you were probably paid to write.

I'd report the post, but I can't from tapatalk :p

Just go with the standard Autometer guages. Accurate and inexpensive

I'm a fan of the GS gauges as I ran them in my EVO and plan on doing the same for my 1G.

I had glowshift gauges. They look great but i had a problem with the egt maxing on the hot side at cruise or idle. But then it would give a good reading under acceleration. Then the color change quit working at about 6 months and the boost gauge showed 24 psi when I was acually running 19-20. Im not bashing them im just letting you know what MY personal experience was. I do know that most everyone else that I have talked to has had a quality experience with glowshift. Their pillar pods fit great and install was easy. Autometer gauges will fit the pillar pod as well but its pretty tight and not real easy gettin them in there.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back