The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

FWD Gas tank drain plug

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MichaelSuch

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 30, 2008
Pinckneyville, Illinois
Alright so I finally installed a 255 fuel pump in my FWD. The problem is that during the install the center bolt that bolts into the fuel pump hanger broke. I got the broken bolt out of the hanger with no problems, I thought one of my parts cars would have them, but I guess none of the NT's have the center bolt, and neither do any AWDs. But I need a new one and I can't find one anywhere. I have checked JNZ tuning, extrempsi, I don't have any dealerships close to me. I may try Napa before I go to work but I am doubting they have it. It's the 22mm bolt in the center with a very small thread diameter. Anyone know where I can get one? Thanks

If you still have the bolt you could try Lowes or some hardware store that has a wide variety of nuts/bolts. If you have no luck there junkyards? craigslist parts car? Auto parts stores? I would check those in that order.

A standard bolt won't work unfortunately. The plug has a recessed area for an o-ring and another recessed area where the threads of the hanger actually come out of the tank for about 2mm. I may be able to make something like that work temporarily with a large body washer and a crush washer with an o-ring inside of it. I found there is a dealership about 50 miles away, I am going to try to call them today.

I would try auto parts stores first just to see if you can get it at a better price, maybe a JY, but those unique items like that are a b**ch to replace with an older vehicle.

My 1g FWD 4G63 N/T came with the center bolt you are talking about. I would call up Paul at JNZTuning (215-997-6850), he has acess to everything a dealership can get and even a local dealership would have to special order it. You would probably get it faster and cheaper through JNZ.

My 1g FWD 4G63 N/T came with the center bolt you are talking about. I would call up Paul at JNZTuning (215-997-6850), he has acess to everything a dealership can get and even a local dealership would have to special order it. You would probably get it faster and cheaper through JNZ.

I will give them a call tomorrow. Yours is a '91 correct? My spare NT is a '93... I wonder if theres a difference in tanks between 90-92 and 93-94 with the earlier models having the center bolt...

i went through the same thing accept the fuel inlet pipe on the fuel pump housing got a pinhole in it and mits wanted like 600 dollars for a new housing i ended up fixing it with fuel line... just thought it would be good to throw at this topic

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back