The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Radiator drain plug?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gusu

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 9, 2009
Independence, Oregon
I have loved around and can't seem to find such a simple answer.

So I was going to drain my radiator and noticed someone removed my drain hose for flushing.

Right now I am running straight water since the summer was so warm but we are getting REALLY close to freezing temps again. So I want to put in some 50/50.

I got the car up and noticed under where the AC fan used to be there is a wing nut looking thing and another thing that almost looks like a valve stem with what looks like a nut tip. My question is simple. Where the hell is the drain plug so I can drain my radiator! Btw my water pump went out during the summer if you are wondering if I over filled it LOL.

If you can take pictures of it that would be amazing. Of course I still have the stock 1g radiator.

*edit* Crap, I forgot what does the manual say for the exact amount of coolant?

You need to loosen that plastic "wing nut looking thing" and that will let you drain the radiator. It should just loosen a little bit before it starts letting fluid out (you don't have to completely remove it).;)

Okay, I was pretty sure but wanted to check first. I had a car before that the wing nut thing was used to open the valve that was to the actual drain plug then it would drain from there but if you didn't open it first you could damage the radiator because of the fail design with it.

Thanks for your reply btw :D

Alright well i got it drained. It looks like my old water pump dumped a lot of rust into the line. So it's probably a good thing that I used straight water the last time LOL.

I think I might get new hoses to. I can just imagine how nasty those things are by now.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back