The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G fuel pump

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d1prospect

20+ Year Contributor
Mar 14, 2004
Glen Bunie, Maryland
My problem is fuel flow. I have a Walboro 255hp with rewire on my 2g GSX.

When I cycle on the pump the DSMLink you hear whine, with car started all I hear is flow (swooshing like fuel passing) :hmm::hmm:

My car starts and drives fine just curios why I can't hear the pump with car started. I even took the back seat out and still just hear flow not actual pump whining.

I'm not sure where to even attempt to troubleshoot. Any advice would greatly appreciated.. thx

If the cars running just fine I'm not sure what your troubleshooting, if its the cool whine of a big fuel pump then your wasting your time. I guess maybe its possible the sound of the motor and exhaust drown out the noise of the fuel pump with the car on? If you absolutely must troubleshoot the sound then check the voltage at the fuel pump connector when its actuated in dsmlink and then check it again with the car started and see if theres a drop in voltage.
The BLK/BLU wire is the power and the BLK wire is the ground. With it actuated in dsmlink you should see around 11.8 - 12V and with the car idling you should see around 12.5 to 13V.

Whats your base fuel pressure set at?

:dsm:

You don't have a real problem so you have nothing to troubleshoot.LOL Don't worry about it and enjoy the car while it's running good. Give it time and you'll have something to work on.... It's a dsm:p

My base is at 50psi. According to some logs on ecmlink people suggested I had a fuel delivery issue. So I started looking fpr thing's. I will say I know my power should be thicker. I run 12ga and every kit and tech forum calls for 10ga. To your point if it runs fine the whine doesn't matter.I Just want it to work properly.

To be honest, I don't think this is an actual problem. Is there anything wrong with it other than that it's just quiet?

i upped it when some people were suggesting fuel delivery. i relaced the fuel filter, o-rings on injectors. i took line off my afpr and plugged it then adjusted my fp. as i said i was i should use 10ga wire instead of 12ga thats small so i'll swap that out no biggie. my car was running lean up top but since i changed fp and fuel filter and rings it appears fine. the noise struct me because with the car in the on position i hear nothing but when i cycle it on through the link you hear the whine. im just using the noise as starting point..,maybe searching for sound is the least of my problems...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back