The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

FP3X on a 2.0L?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeanDSM

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 23, 2004
Yabucoa, Puerto, Puerto_Rico
Well I got a great deal on some FP3X brand new also I have a 6 bolt 2.0L block and a 100mm crank on my garage I am building a stroker but that is going to take a while beacuse I still need wiseco, eagles, H/G, ARP's, etc. etc. So I was thinking what if I install those FP cams on my current setup (look my profile) until I finish my build? Will it work or just move the powerband to a place I cant use?

just wondering, but why did you mount your bov so close to the ic?

Well It was by accident, I just dont like how GM MAF sensor looks and I wanted to place it somewere not so visible after I welded all the pipes and leave the BOV position for last then I remembered that the bov should be before the sensor and I tought it would look cool there.

Install the cams. Degree them correctly and you will be fine.

It should not matter where the BOV is mounted. I had mine right after the turbo outlet on my mirage. Never had any issues.

Steven

if you dont have atleast upgraded valve springs i would hold off on putting them in.

from FP
FPCam3x
Dual valve springs required. Be sure to install your springs with 280+lb over the nose, STDuals need 1.470-1.480" installed height. This camshaft has the highest valve acceleration that is allowable with our dual valve springs. The FPCam3x has more lift and faster ramps than the FPCam3.

Update on the FP3X needing dual valve springs for anyone that wants to use these cams. Kiggly racing recommend that I use their high pressure original beehives which are good to 40psi at 8500rpm.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back