The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

FP Turbo Water Line Plug

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dsmturbo

Proven Member
Jan 20, 2015
SoCal, California
Hi guys,

I'm swapping out my old school FP Green for a new FP black and noticed their are water line hookups for the black turbo (the old green was oil only). I have no idea where my stock water lines are, it's been a long time and my water lines have long been capped off.

The plan is to run this new turbo with oil only (yes I know I will have to let my car idle/cool down before shut off).

My question is what do I do about the water line connections on the actual turbo itself? Do I need to plug them or can I just leave them open? Thanks!

If you have a 7 bolt, the line is on the front of the block behind where the turbo mounts. On a 6 bolt, you'll have to rig something up (if you own a 2G).

Plug the holes, don't leave them open. If they're open, debris can get in and still mess up the turbo even if the ports are unused.

It is just a water jacket, it does not physically connect to the moving parts of the turbo. So plugging them is not a necessity, I personally would just as a precaution in the event you decide to use the water cooling later so the water jacket will be clean.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back