The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

flywheel trouble

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ntalon

Probationary Member
Mar 7, 2005
Kincardine, Ontario_Canada
Hey guys just wondering if a flywheel off an auto n/t talon would fit on a standered n/t talon

Thanks!

Thats a negative ghost rider....the pattern is full.

Flywheels on our MT cars are modular and come with the clutch. Why do you think the clutches for our cars cost so much more.

Stay away from mounting two different types of trannies together ( auto and manual don't mix IMO)

The flywheel/tourque converter on an auto connect to the crank by means of a flex plate, where the manual flywheel bolts right to the crank. I know that is for sure with the 4g63T, probably the same for the 420a.
Mike

The flexplates SHOULD be the same. All that the flex plate is is (Can I say that twice) a metal plate that bolts to the crank and has teeth all the way around it for the starter. Both the modular clutch and the torque convertor then bolt to the flex plate using four bolts. If you have two of them sitting side by side then by all means compare them and I think you'll find them to be the same. I need to do some more research but the design is VERY similar and the manor in which they are used are identical.
Doug
P.S. on a 1997 Neon the flex plate is listed as part number 4567143 and fits four different model lines which include:
DD4 Manual Performance Transmission
DD5 Manual Transmission
DGC Automatic Transmission
DGL No discription found.
That tells me that the flex plates fit all applications on the neon and as we all know the engine and transmission are nearly identical for the 2gnt.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back