The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

RPM trouble

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoetz16

Probationary Member
Aug 19, 2002
Pittsburgh_Pennsylvania
I have an automatic 98 gs.I just got my plugs changed and a tune up and now all of a sudden my RPM's are wiered. It only reaches like 4500 RPM's and if shifts. is there sometihgn serious wrong or sometnign i can do to fix it.

If it was shifting "normally" before the new plugs were done, and nothing else major was done, i'd check the gapping on your plugs. (what plugs did you get?). I know that gapping can affect the shift points on an auto by a a few hundred RPM, but i couldn't imagine it being as low as 4500... that seems really odd. something for you to check out anyway.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back