The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

First to Secound Gear Shift Problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pursuit

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 3, 2007
las vegas, Nevada
I just got used shep stage 1 tranny , i open it to inspect if everything is fine , all the parts were almost new. i put it back together, and heres the problem when i try to shift from first to second gear it it goes half way to neutral and dont want to go in till the rpm go down to 3,4k no grinding at all it just dont want to go in , sometimes it happens even when i am driving normal and shift at 4,5k and need to wait to drop down to 2 or 3 , the rest of the gears are fine. what can cause that.... ? I use BG Synchro shift 2 75w80 Oil and Quarter Master Gear Drive Twin Disk clutch

heres a video you can see how long it took me to shift from 1st to 2nd..... :((((

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-RveavOJzo

Attachments

• IMG_0465_resize.JPG
    IMG_0465_resize.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_0466_resize.JPG
    IMG_0466_resize.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_0467_resize.JPG
    IMG_0467_resize.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_0473_resize.JPG
    IMG_0473_resize.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 207
Did you actually disassemble and inspect the intermediate shaft gear cluster components or just look at it like in the photos with the shafts still assembled.

It could be broken springs on the 1/2 hub and slider or a bad synchro or you may have the clutch disengagement a bit off causing the clutch to not fully disengage.

I try the jack transmission clutch dragging to press the clutch pedal to the floor and rev the car to 7k no dragging at all. is is possible to clutch to make shifting hard from 1 to 2 but rest of the gears to be fine !? :hmm: just wanna say one more time when i am driving normal shift good. :confused: :|

Just wanna tell everybody what was the problem. My oil !!!! I just swap to red line MT90 my tranny shift quick assss helll !!!!! Not going to buy BG Synchro shift 2 anymoreeeeee ...... !!!!

Interesting indeed. My car exhibits the same symptoms. I will give this a shot and report back.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back