The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink First log. Extremely lean. New to tuning.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iaintmaci

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 22, 2010
Washington, Pennsylvania
I fired up the car for the first time with ECMLink yesterday. I am running an Innovative MTX-l Wideband in the factory o2 location, simulating Narrowband through ECMlink. The car has a VRSF FMIC, Punishment racing O2 Dump housing, 3" downpipe, crower 272 cams, and a hacked 1g maf. I know something is wrong but can't figure it out. I threw a code for the fuel injector circuit, but if I deactivate any injector, the car wants to die out. I am sorry if I don't have all the proper values logged. I had no internet access where I was and was trying to do it from memory. Plaese, any advice is appreciated.

Attachments

• log.2013.03.10-10.elg
    109.9 KB · Views: 50
There is definitely something off with the fuel delivery. That code is probably reflecting a physical problem and not a tuning issue. Time to dust off the DMM. I'd also be very suspicious of unmetered air getting in. You don't have the breather VTA'd do you? Check vac lines too. You might also consider some MAF adjustments since you're using a hacked MAF.

I got it running alot smoother. Definitely needed MAF adjustments. I got the injector code fix. I had an injector clip broken and looks like they shorted. New plug is installed and code is gone. I would post a log of how it is running but its on my other computer at the moment.

I also noticed that you are from Waynesburg too. Never realized that!

Yeah, back in Waynesburg for the time being and looking for better job opportunities. Traded dealing with all the drunken WVU students and Morgantown traffic everyday in order to come back home and deal with all the overwhelming redneck populous in good ol' Greene county.

Glad to hear you've got it running better. Maybe I'll see you out and flag you down sometime. Can't be too many 1Ga GSXs around here. I've only seen a handfull of DSMs at all amidst the sea of jacked up diesel trucks.

Yeah, back in Waynesburg for the time being and looking for better job opportunities. Traded dealing with all the drunken WVU students and Morgantown traffic everyday in order to come back home and deal with all the overwhelming redneck populous in good ol' Greene county.

Glad to hear you've got it running better. Maybe I'll see you out and flag you down sometime. Can't be too many 1Ga GSXs around here. I've only seen a handfull of DSMs at all amidst the sea of jacked up diesel trucks.

Im right down the road too, 1Ga TSi AWD. Did/Do you work at Auto Zone?

Yes, unfortunately. Started working there in August as a driver, Parts Sales Manager since October. The pay sucks donkey d*ck, but at least it's a job. There's been some gossip that I might take the Assistant Manager spot in the next few weeks, but still looking for a chance to get back to taking x-rays or maybe take a position turning wrenches again at one of the local garages.

I worked there a LONG time ago, for about a year, and you are right, the pay sucks.

So do the hours....

and the morons you have to deal with....

Apparently everybody in the world knows more about cars than the guy behind the parts counter. LOL.

We will have to get all 3 DSM's together, (I am buddies with the OP LOL) and we can invite our local buddy with his Evo9 as well.

Back on topic, get out to your car, and tune some more, and keep futzing with the maf compensation until you get your airflow dialed in, then raise the thresholds for closed loop, and do some light throttle (i.e. as little boost as possible) driving to get more data points for the tool to work.

Talontd92tsi, you should be working.

I used to be the retail parts pro over at advance. I know how it goes. All three of us have actually met. We were in Autozone looking for turbo bolts. We cruised up in talontd92tsi's white talon.

Last edited:
Ah, okay, I remember that vaguely. There's a 16G setup on that one right?
I'm still acquiring bits and pieces to install this td05h 20G I bought from Steve93Talon, and shopping for some new tires. Budget is tight atm though.

I assume you found those bolts somewhere, AutoZone doesn't carry much in the way of hardware, other than little stuff and head bolts. FFWD has a decent deal on the ARP's if not... thinking about getting a set myself.

I know how the budget goes. We ended up running to Dry Tavern True Value and found what we needed. The white car is running an E316g. I am still running a 14b on mine. Was thinking about an upgrade next year, but may get a shep trans instead. It all depends how everything works out. You plan on making any track time this year? I know we plan on going to PRP April 6 for test and tune.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back