The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink Evo 1 Choppy Idle

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beendenied

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 2, 2010
Suffolk, Europe
Howdy All,

I recently swapped my ECU to use ECMlink v3 lite. I followed the wiki to get it started but it runs very rough and very rich. Any seasoned folks have some incite? I've shared a short clip below.

MAF: Stock
Injectors: 510 (stock)
Fuel Pump: Stock

Everything is stock

Thanks

Attachments

• log.2021.03.21-02.elg
    18.1 KB · Views: 23
I’ll try to get it up to temp tomorrow. I’ve unchecked that box since that log and it didn’t seem to affect it much. Notably, my airflowperrev is pretty wild at .99.

I may swap my front O2 with a wideband sensor and simulate narrow. Maybe that’ll help

Alright, got it up to temp for an idle log. It does run better but bogs at around 4k RPM. Though that isn't in the log. I think I may look into a new MAF as the temp doesn't change from 51 degrees.

Attachments

• log.2021.03.23-01.elg
    27.7 KB · Views: 21
A couple things: look into the maf because of that temp issue you described. Your o2 sensor is acting bizarre and not letting you enter closed loop operation. I've never seen an o2 sensor act like that. Also, zero out your maf com sliders.

Gotcha. Just zero all the way down? Also, I tried to remove my front o2 sensor to no avail. I soaked it in WD40 for days and used a notched socket.

Thanks for the input
If the entire car is stock then there should be no need to change the airflow..theoretically. If you had a bigger turbo or cams then airflow sliders should be necessary.

Another log. I can't seem to get into closed loop. I zeroed out the MAF sliders but you'll see with this log I had 0hz and 50hz a little negative to try to lower airflowperrev; the log before this one didn't show much of a difference while they were at true zero.

I may just shelve the idea of tuning at stock since I can't get the front o2 out to replace it. I have a new turbo set up complete with another o2 housing. Also, I have an IAT and MAP sensor ready for SD after I get my piping welded; I can then rule out a bad MAF sensor, LOL.

Attachments

• log.2021.03.24-01.elg
    28.7 KB · Views: 20
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back