The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

ECMlink Erratic AFR from dsmlink..

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That is strange. Your tune needs some love though. Getting knock and your timing table isn't very smooth in boost. Is your wideband reading accurate? is so needs leaned out some too.

That is strange. Your tune needs some love though. Getting knock and your timing table isn't very smooth in boost. Is your wideband reading accurate? is so needs leaned out some too.
My wideband is close but not accurate, I have a innovate coming in the mail tomorrow. I started messing with the timing a little bit, I had like 10 degrees of knock on the first pull but the erratic afr readings were throwing me off. I’m starting to think it’s the maf.

What's causing this erratic behavior in the afr readings? Wiring? MAF?

For starters, we're missing a lot of information about the build. No idle time in the log, cruise, etc. to get a bigger picture of what's going on with the car overall. As for the log though, I'm assuming you "might" have a bad maf or boost leak. However you have airflowsmoothing very low and not sure why. It shouldn't need to be set that low and I would put that back to stock before anything else.

If changing the smoothing back to stock still results in the same issue, I would look into other possible issues, maf being included. Not sure what plugs you're running though, no idea on boost levels, etc. Need more details than what we have currently to further assist in diagnosing.

For starters, we're missing a lot of information about the build. No idle time in the log, cruise, etc. to get a bigger picture of what's going on with the car overall. As for the log though, I'm assuming you "might" have a bad maf or boost leak. However you have airflowsmoothing very low and not sure why. It shouldn't need to be set that low and I would put that back to stock before anything else.

If changing the smoothing back to stock still results in the same issue, I would look into other possible issues, maf being included. Not sure what plugs you're running though, no idea on boost levels, etc. Need more details than what we have currently to further assist in diagnosing.
Thank you! I purchased the dsmlink used and I thought I had set everything back to stock.. makes perfect sense LOL. When I get more into tuning it I will included more details about the build including the stuff you mentioned.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back