The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

420A Engine overheating

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonteDSm

Probationary Member
Sep 25, 2022
Waldorf, Maryland
Hey guys I have a 1999 Eclipse GS 5speed. I have replaced the water pump, alternator, and reset the timing belt. I even replaced the radiator fan and the coolant housing along with the temperature switches.

I really don’t know what else to do please if any one can help let me know

Last edited by a moderator:
Replace thermostat (perhaps get a colder one) and get new rad cap, back flush coolant system, new coolant, radiator itself may need replacement. Do coolant system pressure test to check for leaks and if everything can hold pressure. Note factory fans move more air than aftermarket ones. Are radiator fan shrouds still in place (they make a huge difference). Is engine running lean?

I already did a coolant flush and replaced the thermostat cap and the thermostat Itself but never did a pressure test

Hello everyone I previously just stopped coolant leak on my coming from my car but my engine in still over heating. I replaced everything I possibly could but nothing is working any ideas on what I should to or try next?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Did you check for air in the cooling system? May also want to check compression or do a leak down. Doesn’t take a lot of heat to cause head gasket issues in my experience.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back