The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Overheating

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velmin hu

Proven Member
May 25, 2019
Las vegas, Nevada
Greetings my car gst 96 seems to overheat go up in temp not to red but little higher whenever I drive it and then come to stop idle for couple mins it starts to climbing and feel like it drops 100 rpm when is Ideling .

also my a/f gauge seems to show ———-.

Here is a video
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

So the fans do kick in when it reach certain temp above normal, is it due to me pushing it psi kinda hard I’m getting 20 psi on big 16g evo I do have all supporting mods except stock intercooler? I check for leaks thanks

Stock radiator fans will kick on right around 200 degrees. I believe the magic number is 213 but dont quote me. Now according to my logs, anywhere between about 194-206 the needle on the temp gauge is right in the center. So, due to you soring past the middle line, you should be able to see if your fans are kicking on. If they are not then you have narrowed down your problem.
Keep in mind, keep your AC off. One of the fans will kick on low speed when your AC is turned on.

U guys are right, check to see if the radiator fan is coming on.
I'm betting the thermostat is shot, stop by the parts store for a new one, its probably under ten dollars.
I'd check for leaks too, but that's just me being thorough.

Stock radiator fans will kick on right around 200 degrees. I believe the magic number is 213 but dont quote me. Now according to my logs, anywhere between about 194-206 the needle on the temp gauge is right in the center. So, due to you soring past the middle line, you should be able to see if your fans are kicking on. If they are not then you have narrowed down your problem.
Keep in mind, keep your AC off. One of the fans will kick on low speed when your AC is turned on.
Yes the fans kick in the temperature drops to normal in the center but I am wondering how come it went up rised. Never have my cars done it before thank you.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back