The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Electrical Problem - No power to anything

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luisgil

Proven Member
Jan 10, 2013
Paterson, New_Jersey
So recently I did a clutch job my 99 GST. I went to turn on the car and it turned on just fine. Turned it off, then back on. After turning it off the second time going for the third it lost all power to everything. Soon as I turn the key to make the starter start the car everything died out. Keep in mind it already started up twice flawlessly. Now all it does is beep that the key is inside the ignition, but the radio doesn't work. Nothing but the dash lights work.

+2 on a MAIN fuse under the hood. On my 1G it is always the 100 amp alternator fuse, but I have only blown it once but sure sounds like the culprit. Check those big fuses under the hood for sure with a ohm meter not just a visual. They can be blown but look good.

Also make sure nothing is touching the big wires going to the starter or alternator. I would guess it is related to you changing your clutch and should be simple to figure out.

So all it really doesn't do is crank in key start position? Pull off the starter solenoid connector plug (at the starter) and clean it and it's terminal lug. May just be a bad connection (they already are pretty loose and get dirty easily). If it keeps falling off put a tie wrap tightly around it to keep it snug on the terminal. Also check tightness of main power connection nut on starter.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back