The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Drive Shaft

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

90AWD_aSiAnGiRl

Probationary Member
Mar 29, 2004
Rochester, New_York
Does any one know that size of the 4 bolts that connect to the rear diff? It's going to a four bolt rear end. Does any one have any idea?

Both... I don't have any of the bolts to see... os i need to know all the demensions...

Which bolts are you looking for? The ones for the driveshaft to the diff or the ones for the axle to the hub. The axle bolts are the same on a 4 bolt you just need 4 vs 3 and both diffs use 4 bolts to the driveshaft.

The driveshaft to diff are 8mmx1.0x25mm.
The axle to the hub are 10mmx1.25x29mm.

The bolt heads are never used to spec bolts since different bolts of the same size can have different sized heads depending on whos standard they were made to (JIS or ISO), but an 8mm bolt is always 8mm in diameter, you just have to watch thread pitch.

Steve

I need the bolts that go form the drive shaft to the rear diff... do you by any chance know what the thread pitch?

I'm pretty sure it's the 1.0 I posted. The way bolts are spec'ed is diameter x thread pitch x length and grade if special. So the drive shaft to diff bolts are 8mm in diameter with a 1.0 pitch and 25mm long.
Depending on where you get the bolts they will have a 12mm or 13mm head and same for the nuts.

CAPS is pretty good at providing the diameter and length but you always have to guess at the pitch and grade.

Steve

90AWD_aSiAnGiRl said:
I need the bolts that go form the drive shaft to the rear diff... do you by any chance know what the thread pitch?

Napa should carry them. They will be able to tell what thread you need and everything. If you atleast have 1 good one, take that with you when you go to napa. They will hangle the rest :talon:

when I bought my car it only had one good one... but I switch the rear end from a 3 bolt to 4 and misplaced the bolt... Thanks for your help... I'll post some pics of the car up soon...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back