The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Different length dipsticks

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kryndon

Proven Member
Jan 10, 2014
Bulgaria, Europe
Checked some of the previous threads on this but the answers are controversial.

Basically I just checked and I found at least tree different part numbers for dipsticks across 1G/2G 4G63 DSMs, both turbo and non-turbo. My car currently has a dipstick from a 6 bolt N/A which measures 425mm or 16.7". When topped up with the correct amount of oil and on a level surface, the dipstick reads just at the lowest notch.

I have another dipstick which originally came on the car but the rubber seal is worn out hence why I stopped using it. Its length is 440mm or 17.3". When car is filled up with oil and level, that dipstick reads it exactly between both notches, which would seem more normal as logically that would be the optimal amount of oil.

The lengths I've measured is only from the metal tip of the stick to where the rubber insulation starts. All of this can be seen in the following picture for better clarity (I hope). So my question is, does anyone know for a fact which length stick is the correct one for a 7 bolt 2G turbo DSM?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

This is mine and all 3 of mine are the same from previous broken ones aswell
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The one in my car measures 16 7/8" from the tip to the bottom of the rubber seal, it's a new OEM 6 bolt from STM.

The 7 bolt and 6 bolt turbo dipsticks should be identical other than the handle, which should account for the different part numbers.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back