The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Delis' 1000HP 2G - Boostin Performance Built and Tuned

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I daily a 70lb/min setup and drive it hard. I put 10,000-20,000 miles on my car every year. It also comes apart once a year for inspection.

Point being people expect these cars to be set it and forget it at 600+ hp, it doesn't work that way. For someone making 800-1000hp the maintenance interval on a dog box is longer than the lifespan of a stock gear transmission.

I would agree. 1000 hp is a lot, so it limits what you can run. I understand that. Just expect to do more teardowns to verify specs is all im saying. If Im tearing out my trans every 5k miles, I wouldnt call that a daily. But if you can do a turn around in less then a weekend.... I suppose it could be considered a DD. All in the eyes of the beholder.

I would agree. 1000 hp is a lot, so it limits what you can run. I understand that. Just expect to do more teardowns to verify specs is all im saying. If Im tearing out my trans every 5k miles, I wouldnt call that a daily. But if you can do a turn around in less then a weekend.... I suppose it could be considered a DD. All in the eyes of the beholder.
It takes 2 hours tops to swap a trans in my car.

When my transmissions explode, I have the car towed home, and drive another vehicle until I have a day off.

What's the difference from this car making 8xx on your mustang dyno and Red Demon at 1000? Looks to be nearly identical engine/cam/intake setups and the white beast is running a 76mm vs your 72 IIRC. Just not pushing it as hard?

Last edited:
View attachment 289583

Delis brought us his beautiful 1996 Eclipse resistancee goals in mind, and some objectives he wanted met. He wanted a car with 1,000HP, but still wanted the ability to drive it on the street occasionally. This meant no comforts were removed other than the A/C. Ultimately, Delis wanted a car that could be taken to the track as well as on a night cruise. To help facilitate this dream and make it a reality, Delis delivered his car to our shop all the way from Florida, specifically for a Boostin Performance transformation!!

At the heart of Delis' build, we have a 6-bolt engine that underwent our Boostin Performance “Red Demon Spec” 2.0L Aluminum Long Rod treatment. This package will be available to our customers via our website very soon!
So, you may be asking......What makes this engine package different from the standard BP Stage 3 package? First, we fill the block with concrete and line hone the mains after the Kiggly Main Girdle is installed. We also install Kiggly's Oil Pickup Mod to keep the oil flowing strong. Next, we fit the 156mm billet Aluminum connecting rods to our custom high compression gas ported pistons via custom .300 wall tool steel wrist pins. Then, the block is upgraded to accept our Boostin Performance 1/2” L19 4g63 Head Stud/Head Insert Kit (Red Demon/7 second Spec). To compliment this built short block, the cylinder head also receives our Boostin Performance Stage 3 treatment, topped off with a set of Kelford 280 Cams.

This entire package is designed for 1200+ WHP, and will be able to withstand anything the Precision 7675 turbo can throw at it!

As soon as we have tuning results from Delis' beast, we will be posting those details and videos, so stay tuned!!!

Mod List:
-Boostin Performance 2.0L “Red Demon Spec” Aluminum Long Rod Short Block
-Boostin Performance Stage 3 Cylinder Head w/ Kelford 280 Cams
-Precision 7675 Turbocharger
-Magnus Motorsports V3 Dual Rail Intake Manifold
-(8) ID 1700 Injectors
-Boostin Performance Rebuilt Transmission (w/ Evo 3 Conversion)
-Boostin Performance 300m Output Shaft
-Boostin Performance DSM 300M T-case Upgrade
-Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Driveshaft
-Quarter Master 8-leg Clutch
-Dual Map Tune on AEM using 93 octane and VP Import

View attachment 289584

View attachment 289585

View attachment 289586

View attachment 289587

View attachment 289588

View attachment 289589

View attachment 289590

View attachment 289591

View attachment 289592

View attachment 289593
What electric water pump are you guys running? Im relocating the radiator to my trunk and will need a pump that can handle the volume/ resistance.

What electric water pump are you guys running? Im relocating the radiator to my trunk and will need a pump that can handle the volume/ resistance.

We're not using an electric water pump. This block is half filled, so we were still able to run the stock water pump.

Last edited:
Do you have any recommendations for an electric pump then? I'm not sure what system capacity is going to be so I can't really make a guess as to how big of a pump I will need.

If you look at the pictures in the build, I think what was meant was that they're not using an electric pump and they're able to use the stock water pump.

Look at the pictures, the stock water pump is still there.

Depends on if its half filled or the entire thing is filled. If its half, there shouldnt be a problem on the street because most of the heat comes from the head. Just need to make sure your cooling system is running at its peak, IE electric water pump.

Fully filled blocks are meant for a single pass down the strip, then shut off. If this block is fully filled I would be astonished.

I would be more worried about the aluminum rods begin driven on the street. Hope the OP knows how often he will need to service them...

EDIT: I just noticed one thing, stock waterpump in one of the pictures... Good luck on keeping her cool..

So filling a block with concrete is actually dumping it down the water ports? Yes I'm a noob. I'm not understanding the block fill aspect. Recently I purchased a 1996 galant and have been bringing it back to its glory little bit at a time.

I'd like to see the dyno graph on pump gas (interested to see what RPM it makes boost at on pump (mid 20's boost pressure I assume).. Or just tell me the boost level and RPM it hits it at (IE 24 psi at 6400)..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back