The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

7 Second Build - Red Demon - Boostin Performance Built & Tuned

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

great to hear that your still shifting it seems that everybody going to automatic these days. besides you have a skyline now whats the point of having two automatic cars? good luck with your runs also you was one of the guys to convince me into get a fp turbo.

Very nice work and the fact that its from my home state is pretty awesome. Love this car and it helps to keep motivation levels up im sure especially when you guys are always pushing for better times and continuous runs due to the quality parts chosen.

Cant wait to see the progress, hopefully at this years OPEN HOUSE...???

uh oh, what's going on in there?

What fuel do you guys run? E98?

We used E98 blended down to E70 with race fuel. We didn't have enough injector to run straight E98. One of the reasons we went to a dual rail setup.

great to hear that your still shifting it seems that everybody going to automatic these days. besides you have a skyline now whats the point of having two automatic cars? good luck with your runs also you was one of the guys to convince me into get a fp turbo.

The 5 speed in the Red Demon is just too much fun. If we had a bunch of drivetrain breakage or consistency problems an auto would be a good choice. The Red Demon's drivetrain is very solid and we ran consistent 8.1-8.2 second passes last year. No reason to go auto!

Cant wait to see the progress, hopefully at this years OPEN HOUSE...???

We will be hosting an open house this spring, just haven't set the date yet.

cd7c2d0b-089c-444d-b046-fb4de5888a32.jpg

88a3c2de-75f7-4e0b-a642-dfb11688e012.jpg

d388410e-1de8-4820-b2d2-ef3a67f41938.jpg

Last edited:
We used E98 blended down to E70 with race fuel. We didn't have enough injector to run straight E98. One of the reasons we went to a dual rail setup.

The 5 speed in the Red Demon is just to much fun. If we had a bunch of drivetrain breakage or consistency problems an auto would be a good choice. The Red Demon's drivetrain is very solid and we ran consistent 8.1-8.2 second passes last year. No reason to go auto!

We will be hosing an open house this spring, just haven't set the date yet.

cd7c2d0b-089c-444d-b046-fb4de5888a32.gif

88a3c2de-75f7-4e0b-a642-dfb11688e012.gif

d388410e-1de8-4820-b2d2-ef3a67f41938.gif

Is there going to be a showdown of epic proportions at the shootout between you and John?

I like the fact that the turbo is still in the factory location, and it's not a top mount or forward facing setup. It's simple yet effective. I'll be coming to next open house again.

What did you use to get the sound deadening off of the underside? Did you feel like it worked efficiently? It looks really nice painted, good job.

Good luck on getting into the 7's this year! I know every tenth at that level is fully earned! Down to the point of removing sound deadener in the wheel wells, wow!!!! Are you going to make it up to MAP's proving grounds this year?

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see a wicked fast 2g...especially whooping those 3rd gen camaro's. ;)

Thank you for the kind words fellas!! We're excited to get the Demon back to the track. All we need now is for mother nature to cooperate with us. It was almost 60* on Monday and today we get hit with 5" of snow, LOL!

That's the point of having AWD. Snow is fun. :thumb:

We're really feeling the love from all you guys here on DSMTUNERS, thank you!! We're glad to finally be on board. Please be sure to take a look at our most recent post in the "hangout" section!

Boostin Performance - Tuning - Repair - Parts sale - IN HOUSE Mustang MD500 Dyno

Good luck on getting into the 7's this year! I know every tenth at that level is fully earned! Down to the point of removing sound deadener in the wheel wells, wow!!!! Are you going to make it up to MAP's proving grounds this year?
We would love to attend the proving grounds this year.. IF our schedule allows us to do so! :hellyeah:

Does the car have any under car tin work done for aero?
The Aero the car has is:

Custom Front lip
Angry Aero Bumper Shutters
Angry Aero Mirror deletes
Diffuser in rear with holes in the bumper

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back