The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

7 Second Build - Red Demon - Boostin Performance Built & Tuned

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mi"sma;153413455 said:
The front sub frame and fuel setup looks great.

Have you guys thought about trying out a LR 2.1 destroker? You'd really be able the rev the hell out if it and spool that turbo.

Can't wait to see this Demon in person one day.
Not as of right now, our High Compression 2.0 Long Rod is working out great for us!

Which fuel pumps? Or is that a filter then a pump to suck from it
From the cell sump it goes to a filter (100micron), then the Pump, then another filter (10micron). We use a Aeromotive ProSeries Fuel Pump.

Any reason why you're going away from the qm 8 leg, other than just trying something new?

We overpowered the QM twin setup.

We apologize for not updating our build thread as much we want to. These past few weeks have been really intense for us! The build thread has been a couple weeks behind progress, but we will try and get you up to speed.

For those of you who don't follow us on FaceBook, The Red Demon is up and running and has already been dyno tuned, raced at the track AND has achieved some goals we've set out for 2014!

-We made 950HP + on our Mustang Dyno
-We Trapped 181.9MPH + in a 1/4 right off the trailer 1st pass for 2014!
-When we took the car out to St. Louis, Missouri to compete in the Import Faceoff event we took 1st place in our class and came home with a really cool trophy. All 3 of our customer's competing in the event came home with trophies as well!

[ame=http://youtu.be/_nQ_SN9aIVA]Red Demon (2G AWD DSM) VS. 2JZ Powered SC300 - 4/6/2014 Import Face Off Finals - Boostin Performance - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SGGdoDblJY&feature=share&list=UUFKDIR_INcjRAIa205rh1Ag]Red Demon Prepping for Import Face-Off 957WHP / 622WTQ @ 46PSI - Mustang Dyno - YouTube[/ame]​

2bd8d6e1-5013-49e5-a2e2-02190954939d.jpg

9e65e7a8-e4fd-412a-99d3-f3ff793c389f.jpg

2eb38b23-5c99-453d-bdab-f0ed5ac24f1f.jpg

00b7cf78-e986-4367-b90a-05301b6d7614.jpg

30783538-7b21-498f-9845-a2fc3b19d823.jpg

3d7d8d64-e869-4b09-ac84-83c241458f1c.jpg

b3924a0b-8578-4631-ab14-445701bdd7bd.jpg

9b658a41-2c66-4bdc-9e81-86bc29848029.jpg

d5031086-6b2a-46f4-b521-037f8b52ec55.jpg

Last edited:
I think you guys should test the new 6466 htz! I was thinking about pickin one up next winter but also had confliction with the 3794 which was my origional choice, still all for 67mm

That seems counterintuitive to their 7 second aspirations ROFL

Good work guys! Can't wait to see the times fall and the mph rise!

Wow! Such an amazing setup! The fuel system is all business from from sump to the rail. Those dual rails and the injectors turned out great. :thumb: Love the black intake manifold, exhaust manifold, and compressor cover too. :cool: And lets not forget about that trophy... How cool is that? :p LOL :D :cool:

I think you guys should test the new 6466 htz! I was thinking about pickin one up next winter but also had confliction with the 3794 which was my origional choice, still all for 67mm myself!

We will test the new"6466 HTZ" as soon as we get our hands on it. :)

Wow! Such an amazing setup! The fuel system is all business from from sump to the rail. Those dual rails and the injectors turned out great. :thumb: Love the black intake manifold, exhaust manifold, and compressor cover too. :cool: And lets not forget about that trophy... How cool is that? :p LOL :D :cool:
Thank you! The trophy made the whole trip worth it! ;) LOL

DIBS!!! if this car ever goes up for sale. LOL
Devin will take this car with him to the grave LOL

** UPDATE **

Sorry we haven't been updating the thread guys, we try to get on here as much as we can. The Red Demon has gone though a bunch of changes since we last updated the thread and I couldn't wait to share it with you guys...

We went to the track over the weekend, getting the Red Demon dialed in on the new setup. The Precision 7685 turbo propelled the Demon to an 8.30 @ 178.6MPH, with a nice easy 1.44 60ft.
While testing, Devin won the track's Fastest MPH trophy for the day.

Time to get ready for Shootout - 17 days left!!

5ef56d9f-5e9e-4164-9ca7-b563450ce9a1.jpg

745dc940-c476-4087-a214-dc73f622c97f.jpg

I saw your update on facebook with the other pics. :D Every time you take that thing out you're bringing home a trophy! :applause: That's cool you got top mph! :cool: Can't wait to see the car in Norwalk...

I don't know about the rest of you, but for me..... a dream come true would be seeing Devins Red Demon line up against John Shepherds Talon. Both cars dialed in perfect with ideal track conditions. A DSMer can dream right?

Anyways I can't wait for the Shootout! Seeing this car run again will surely be one of the highlights of the weekend! Good luck Boostin Performance on your quest for consistent 7s!

^ would be a amazing once of a life time race that's for sure! :) Great job Devon and crew! Your next few passes with the car have a 7 for sure!! Hoping when I come thru Chitown this year I can come see you guys race again! Amazing job guys, keep on repping dsm's and the 4g63 for all of us!! You inspire us all to push it further!

You guys should go down to okc and show those boys how Chitown hangs bro!! Your car would kill there twin turbo tankers haha!! Do it!

That would be a great show to watch, however, street racing isn't the same as the drag strip. It's a whole other animal.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back