1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Computer issues

Posted by mzdzoom, Aug 11, 2012

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication
  1. mzdzoom

mzdzoom Probationary Member

Joined Aug 11, 2012
    mentor, Ohio
    Ok so here we go iv got a 97 eclipse GS 2.0 N/T my TPS at WOT is only 74.5% I have tried to replace the TPS with a new one same thing and i have also replaced the throttle body and still only getting 74.1%. I have tried to replace the computer with a 420A out of a talon when i replaced the computer i lost spark in my coil out of coil 1-4 but 2-3 still works. Can somebody please help me out here i really need to fix this before i put my turbo kit on this car thanks?

2. grothe3297venge

grothe3297venge Proven Member

Joined Jan 18, 2011
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Did you try to adjust the TPS itself??

3. jayson427

jayson427 Proven Member

Joined Dec 20, 2011
    Mesa, Arizona
    Just adjust the throttle cable or get a new cable it could be stretched out. You can move the bracket back on the intake manifold too.

1K  0

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    manual · 2G DSM
  4. mzdzoom

Joined Aug 11, 2012
    mentor, Ohio
    The tps on the 420a can't be adjusted and the the throttle opens all the way

5. david-b

david-b Proven Member

Joined Aug 15, 2005
    Chicago, Illinois
    What are you using to see the TPS readings?

I had the same issue when using a SAFC; it only read the TPS at around 75% at WOT. The ECU was seeing 100% but the SAFC would rarely ever. And that was after the cable was adjusted over and over again. When I installed MSnS, was 100% right off the bat.

Never did figure out why it was always reading lower, but as long as the ECU itself sees 100% it's fine.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2014
  6. mzdzoom

Joined Aug 11, 2012
    mentor, Ohio
    Im using a wireless obd2 scanner and using torque on my droid to get my readouts

7. Dayonaise

Dayonaise Proven Member

Joined Aug 9, 2012
    Blackfalds, AB, Canada
    I am having the same issues with my car but my cylinders 2&3 arent firing 1&4 are good, if you have any idea why yours is doing it please let me know i might have the same issue thanks. also i will post if i find a solution to mine.

8. Sebba

Sebba Proven Member

Joined May 11, 2006
    Austin, Texas
    Are you sure it's opening all the way?

9. LD25Delta9

LD25Delta9 Proven Member

Joined Feb 12, 2008
    Ft. Wayne, Indiana
    Have you tried a different OBDII scanner? It's not that I don't trust the readouts, I'd just want to verify the readings on another scanner...

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012

723  0

1997 Eagle Talon N/T
    manual · 2G DSM
  10. LeeSD1

LeeSD1 Proven Member

Joined Jun 26, 2012
    Miami, Florida
    HAd the same problem on mine and turned out to be a bad ecu. Of course I had other problems with the ecu besides TPS only reading about 75%.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2014