The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Computer issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mzdzoom

Probationary Member
Aug 11, 2012
mentor, Ohio
Ok so here we go iv got a 97 eclipse GS 2.0 N/T my TPS at WOT is only 74.5% I have tried to replace the TPS with a new one same thing and i have also replaced the throttle body and still only getting 74.1%. I have tried to replace the computer with a 420A out of a talon when i replaced the computer i lost spark in my coil out of coil 1-4 but 2-3 still works. Can somebody please help me out here i really need to fix this before i put my turbo kit on this car thanks?

The tps on the 420a can't be adjusted and the the throttle opens all the way

What are you using to see the TPS readings?

I had the same issue when using a SAFC; it only read the TPS at around 75% at WOT. The ECU was seeing 100% but the SAFC would rarely ever. And that was after the cable was adjusted over and over again. When I installed MSnS, was 100% right off the bat.

Never did figure out why it was always reading lower, but as long as the ECU itself sees 100% it's fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im using a wireless obd2 scanner and using torque on my droid to get my readouts

I am having the same issues with my car but my cylinders 2&3 arent firing 1&4 are good, if you have any idea why yours is doing it please let me know i might have the same issue thanks. also i will post if i find a solution to mine.

Have you tried a different OBDII scanner? It's not that I don't trust the readouts, I'd just want to verify the readings on another scanner...

Last edited:
HAd the same problem on mine and turned out to be a bad ecu. Of course I had other problems with the ecu besides TPS only reading about 75%.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back