The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Car shuts off

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A couple things could cause that to happen. A few that come into mind are, Idle screw needs adjusting, Ignition timing needs adjusting, air leak, bad idle speed controller.

I have the same problem, but only when i put my air on for heat or AC seems like the extra push dropps my rpms to lower than 500... and stalls when it is put into neutral.

im having the same issue... started up fine one day drove to the DQ put foot on clutch and died out... tried to start it and had to put it in first... foot on clutch and gas to get it to start ( kinda like the old carb engines).. it was like it didn't get enough air.. I let it sit for the night, started it the next morning started but idled realy low,, figured i needed to go to the shop.. driving along every time i pushed in the clutch it died... i got the car back running... the mechanic increased air bypass flow.. but now it runs nutless.. said the turbo was bypassing a little typical amout of oil.. hope that helps

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back