The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Can't find the float in 95 GST gas tank?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95_GSTBOOSTIN

Probationary Member
Feb 24, 2012
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Can somebody please post a pic of the float setup in the 95 gst gas tank, because i can't seem to find the float. Really need my gas gauge back, i have a 80 mile round trip to work and back. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Hi,

Im trying to find this also and I'm not that experienced with this so could someone post up some steps in how to find it/ how to do this. thanks it would really help since i don't really understand the diagram.

There should be two access panels under the back seat one of which is for the pump where the other is for the float.

Depends on what's wrong with it...

what are the possible flaws? I'm sorry for all the questions as you can see I'm a noob at this LOL.

Ill take pics of it soon. and post them.

edit: so i took the covers off and i didn't know what to do after that so i put everything back LOL,
im not sure what the right steps are to doing this, so until someone lists the steps ill have another go at it.

Last edited:
i have the same problem, mine its a 95 eagle talon tsi awd, and my fuel gauge its at the bottom, it doesnt even marks an empty tank, its all the way down, so i dont know what i should check for, i alredy checked the floater on #2 in the diagram and everything looks ok, i need to check the other floater, i didnt know there was 2 floaters in the tank, so if theres something wrong on the other one, thats the problem with my gauge, or can it be the cluster? i need help asap, thanks.

i just figure out what was wrong with mine, take out both floaters from the tank, then separate them from the caps, they have 2 bolts only each, then at the top of the floater its a box, open the box and youll see a board that sends the signal to the gauge, and theres a needle that meassures the gas, so check that the needle its touching the board, if the needle its not touching the board like mine was, then they will not meassure the gas and the gas gauge will not work, check that on both floaters, both of mine werent touching the board, y just make some preassure to make them touch and put all back together and surprise it works!! hope this can help you out.

dont put attention to that, you wont see it under the rear seat, unless your taking out the tank

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back