The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

can palm log knock on 2G?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spshocker61

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 30, 2002
Albion, Indiana
Alright, my question is pretty basic...is there any tunning program out there that can be used to log knock on a 2G with a PALM? Thanx for the help guys,

Nate

Originally posted by spshocker61
Alright, my question is pretty basic...is there any tunning program out there that can be used to log knock on a 2G with a PALM? Thanx for the help guys,

Nate

If you get DSMlink, you can use your palm and you can log kock on a 2G.

iron

Thanx, i really was hoping there was a program out there. My freind who owns a 12.8 sec 1G and has also owned a a 2G (til he totaled it) said that there is no way to log knock on a palm in your 2G. So this is good news for me :)

Thanx again,
Nate

One more question....I went to DSMLink.com, but their version is just the laptop version. But i read on there site that Hal Landry has modified the program to work on Palm Pilots. Now the question is how do i get ahold of his version?

Thanx,
Nate

Without the DSMLink EPROM in your ECU, the Palm DSMLink software won't do you much good. It needs the modified EPROM to be able to get the knock values(and do all of the other nifty things it does)

Brad

I've figured out that much by reading there site, but thanx for the heads-up.

Nate

Just wondering, is there any other programs that log knock on a palm for a 2G? Also is there any way to get ahold of just the palm version and setup with out paying the $595?? I can't quite afford that right now, but i want to be able to log my knock...

Thanx,
Nate

OBDII doesn't return knock... If you want knock, you need to interface "in some other way", whether it be dsmlink, or just going to a standalone...
My question is: Why do you want to log knock so bad? Logging timing effectively shows you knock...

Yeah, i've read that logging timming will allow you to see if you are knocking or not...but is there away to know WHEN it happens when you log timming? Anotherwards if it retards or advances is there a way for it to let me know (i.e. alarm or making my check engine light flash). Beacause i want to know when it is actually occuring that way i can let off the throttle. Just wondering, but thanx for the input ;).

Nate

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back