The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G can I use a 96 talon FWD M/T engine harness without abs in 95 talon AWD that had abs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shifttsi

Proven Member
Jun 19, 2013
Wallingford, Connecticut
Hey guys, Ive searched and searched but there were no specific results to my question. I have a 96 Talon TSI, FWD M/T non ABS and I bought a 95 Talon AWD M/T with ABS shell that I plan to build from my 96 talon.
I need to know if I can use my entire Engine harness from the FWD Talon for the AWD. I already pulled the AWD harness out since it is a shell it wasnt too difficult. I pulled the Driver side portion of the harness from the FWD and just noticed a few more wires in one of the connectors which should be the wheel sensors and other abs components I would imagine.
Please note, I already pulled the ABS system out and used the STM abs delete kit so I know the car will not have ABS anymore!
I am also using the ECU and engine from the FWD since I spent 3yrs building it!

So long question short, Can I use my 99 non abs harness in my 95 which used to have abs? I appreciate any and all support Thanks!

Hey, Thanks for the quick reply. I am 50% complete removing the harness from the 96 so I will know soon. Im hoping I dont need any modifications since I am using the harness, engine, and CPU from the same car. Would you happen to know if I will have some kind of ABS/AWD/ or other warnings on the dash when I do the swap? I would imagine not or am I wrong?

My next question is the MPI and MFI relays are different between the 95 and 96. The 95 had the one solid relay pictured below but the 96 had the two seperate relays. Would I be ok swapping these or will something get screwed up when I try and start the car? I guess the 95 was OBD1 even though it has an OBD2 port..

Attachments

• mpi.PNG
    mpi.PNG
    43.5 KB · Views: 72
  • mpi2.PNG
    mpi2.PNG
    52.5 KB · Views: 79
Awesome thanks for the confidence. Just waiting to get my transmission back from being upgraded then I can finish it

I wouldn't see why not. Other than the abs you already mentioned, they should be the same. The CAS will be different, but I don't think that's part of the section of harness you're dealing with anyway.
'95 and '96 use the same style CAS.

Only differences I can think of would be the ABS portion of the harness, and a '95 harness would have that extra timing connector on the firewall.

Agreed. Thanks. I figured it wouldnt be an issue especially because the motor, harnesses, and ecu are all coming out of the same car. This leads me to my next question.. The car is a 95, I was told it is OBD1 but it has an OBD2 connector under the dash. Are emissions going to be done with the sniffer or OBD2?

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions guys. I am looking through the threads now for some answers as well.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back