The Central Hub for DSM Community and Information

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. This is where the DSM platform history is documented and archived. Log in to help us in our mission, and to remove most ads from the browsing experience.

Can a failing battery cause poor compression numbers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLACK'98DSM

Moderator
5,509
3,024
Feb 9, 2019
Alabama
So from what I've seen my fried battery caused a million problems. Replacing that battery was like transforming the car. :sneaky:

The battery kept dying on me while I was compression testing a couple months ago, causing the engine to spin at lower rpms. So my question is, would this have caused me to get low numbers?
 
Yes, it states your bettery needs to be fully charged and you can even keep it on charge while doing the test
 
Looks like I'm retesting soon.

I was already happy with the old numbers, maybe I can be jaw-dropped this time.
 
Yep. I got 190's across the board this time. Last time I got 160's. I think this was partly also due to not opening the throttle last time. But I'm super happy now!
 
Add Value - Be Respectful - No Trolling - No Misinformation - Participate Often!
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back
Top