The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G Buying a built 6 bolt question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlexGsxCummins

Proven Member
May 31, 2014
Bremerton, Washington
Hey guys, I've been looking for a 6 bolt for my 1g project. I ran across a guy local to me who is selling a 0 mile built 6 bolt, all the parts are good brand names. He is asking 2,700 for the long block. Head is also built. Is this fair? I understand if I did it all myself it would cost me even more. He claims to have paperwork from the shop who built it but I have not messaged him on it. Thanks

We'd kinda need a breakdown of what's in it, but the price doesnt seem horrible for a quality-built 6 bolt long block.

0 mile build sells are a little wierd for me, makes me wonder what the real reason for selling is and if any corners were cut and a person is just trying to make a quick sale.

I'd make sure you get specs from the build, and if the person cant provide them, be cautious.

Here is a break down

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200604-212338_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200604-212338_Facebook.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 130
Yeah also when the engine being out of a car it should be easy to go look over the entire engine. Hell I would even pull the head and oil pan off to inspect further. And ask every question possible on it. You're spending money on something you don't want to have to pull back out for years to come so be thorough.

I can’t count how many times I’ve had to repeat this. I never recommend buying someone else’s engine or project. A part list isn’t enough when your spending that kind of money. Your going to want to know And VERIFY piston to wall clearances, ring gaps etc etc. please do your homework

Last edited:
Reputable engine builders will have a build sheet documenting every measurement & weight for all the critical items. Just a list of parts is not documentation. I would also want to contact the shop that did the work to double verify the sellers claims.

I went and checked out a fully built 0 mile 4g63 about a year and a half ago attached to a rolling body. The engine started up sounded good, no weird smells or exhaust gases, gauges read fine. But still in my gut it didn't feel right. That fully built eclipse stayed on craigslist for another year after that, who knows if a sucker actually bought it or not.

What I told my friends was everything felt right, that's why I knew something was wrong... I would offer the same caution.

When you buy crate engines they come with dynosheets, full specs, and a warranty. I wouldn't spend that kinda dough unless I got some assurance that it's virtually bulletproof

Ask for something like this:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back