The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Burned oil on turbocharger.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eclipse 1998

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 21, 2010
,, Indiana
Noticed there was some burned oil on my turbo and i cant find where it came from, is this something i should be concerned with?

Attachments

• Aaron's Photos 018 (544x725).jpg
    Aaron's Photos 018 (544x725).jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 67
Hard to say, but get that teflon tape off of your turbo's banjo fitting. That type of fitting seals on a taper...if it's leaking, it's not tight enough. By adding teflon tape you're actually promoting a leak by possibly allowing the fitting to feel as though it's getting tight before it's actually sealed.

VC, and oil return I already checked and no leaks. As for the oil feed I will get the Teflon off and re-tighten. Should I keep the Teflon tape on the water feed and return lines? Lastly, I'm not entirely sure if its a HG leak or not. I'm gonna hopefully get the comp test done when I get some time tomorrow, you can follow my other thread if your interested.

Attachments

• Aaron's Photos 018 (544x725).jpg
    Aaron's Photos 018 (544x725).jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 64
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back