The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Boost Leak

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D1STURBED

Probationary Member
Aug 10, 2013
London, ON_Canada
Hey, at high rpms I get a loud whisle noise almost like a screaming noise, im guessing this is a boost leak, what is the best way too find the leak and best way too fix this?

No.. it is deffinetly a boost leak... just looking for help on fixing it

Hey, at high rpms I get a loud whisle noise almost like a screaming noise, im guessing this is a boost leak, what is the best way too find the leak and best way too fix this?

I made one out of PVC pipe and connected it to my inlet side where my intercooler connects to the intake, I'm a smoker so I then inhalled like a whole cigarette and blew it into the inlet I pressure glued a tire valve in the end of it then just put a bicycle pump on the tire valve "WITHOUT THE VALVE CORE" then pumped it up a lot until I found my leak "mine was a bad gasket under my wastegate" but yeah I saw mine pretty easily after that good luck! you can make the same thing I made just use a air compressor if you have one close by I just didnt own one at the time well I did but I had no power ran to my tool shed at the very edge of my property, the air compressor way is much easier and quick but good luck yet again should be easy enough to find!!

There is many ways to make them i made mine for less then $5. I have made a few for diff size pipes and turbo inlets just used a normal silicone coupler plug one end with a plastic plug with hose clamp drill a hole and put a valve stem in.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back