The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink Boost Control With FUEL Solenoid (2G)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polverari

5+ Year Contributor
Jan 29, 2018
São Paulo, South_America
Hello!
As I usually do: "I apologize for any mistakes, I'm Brazilian and I'm not fluent in English"

My problem:

I'm using FP 68HTA.
Previously, I was plugging my wastegate directly into the pressurizing of the car.
Wastegate opened with 1.1 bar.

So I talked to a friend who works with DSMLink and he suggested we use the original solenoid (BCS) to control the turbo pressure. The idea seemed good, since I only wanted to oscillate between 0.8 and 1.4 bar. (11 to 20 psi)

However, I discovered that my car was already without the BCS. To make matters worse, he also did not have the EGR solenoid. Only the fuel solenoid remained.

So I took the fuel solenoid (which, by the way, was not being used) and did the whole procedure with it (according to the ecmtuning site, it could also be used for this).

I mounted everything correctly, even with the 0.6mm (0.025 inch) restrictor. However, when I was accelerating, a lot of pressure was coming. (More than 2 bar (30 psi))

My friend said that the problem could be in the wastegate, since I was using it totally closed.

So, I followed a Youtube tutorial and put a certain 'pre-load' on it. I'll even leave here the link of the video I used:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

After that, I went to test again and, even with the new wastegate regulation, there is still A LOT of pressure coming. I can not even tell you how much is coming because I have to stop accelerating when the pressure gauge starts to mark above 25psi for safety.

===========================================

My friend's next orientation is to remove the 0.6mm (0.25 inch) restrictor because the wastegate is supposed to be too hard for it to be used.

I wonder if anyone has ever used the original solenoid (BCS) or used any of the other solenoids for this (EGR or Fuel).

Still, if anyone has any hints or opinions about what's going on, I'll thank them.

===========================================

There are some pics, but here is the link of a video, maybe its better to see:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Attachments

• 0b3b9469-1e66-4b9b-aef6-ac085859455f.jpg
    0b3b9469-1e66-4b9b-aef6-ac085859455f.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 296
  • 4c311299-cbd0-4290-8d90-45154e97fcaa.jpg
    4c311299-cbd0-4290-8d90-45154e97fcaa.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 144
  • 10431d3f-d053-473c-a42c-83861e806b3c.jpg
    10431d3f-d053-473c-a42c-83861e806b3c.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 80
  • cf78758f-86f2-4076-b817-8fb10832fb34.jpg
    cf78758f-86f2-4076-b817-8fb10832fb34.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 78
What is going on with all the clamps on the 3rd pic?

Did you visually verify that the internal wastegate is opening the flapper?

Just to confirm, you are using the Fuel Pressure Solenoid (FPS) instead of the factory/aftermarket Boost Control Solenoid (BCS) ?

Sounds like the fps is non functional, I'm not sure if they rest in an open or closed position. Since you were getting control before with it directly hooked to a boost source, that's where I'd start.

verify the solenoid operates, then verify you're actually getting proper signal, then check the wiring is good.

What is going on with all the clamps on the 3rd pic?

Did you visually verify that the internal wastegate is opening the flapper?

Just to confirm, you are using the Fuel Pressure Solenoid (FPS) instead of the factory/aftermarket Boost Control Solenoid (BCS) ?

On the clamps: I had to use a few more to put the restrictor!

I did the test on wastegate before and yes, I'm using FPS instead of BCS.

I have now discovered the problem and will leave you registered for an answer here in case someone else has it!

I was able to solve the problem by removing the pressurizing restrictor (0.6mm). Probably the site ecmtuning.com recommends the placement because the wastegate of the original turbine is much more permissive than the wastegate of other turbines (like my 68HTA). Now, with the preload and without the restrictor, the wastegate opens with 0.85, allowing FPS control. Thank you for your help! If anyone wants to question something about what I've done, feel free to

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back