The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Blower motor has no power

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKUMA1975

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 26, 2012
Riverside, California
OK I tried to post on some other thread about this . I do not have any blown fuses or relays . I took out my blower and test the power on it and it works. I turn on the fan and nothing . Test the power on the blue and black and nothing . Also my rear defogger does not turn on meaning the light . Is there a power wire or ground that run them the same .
I have done a lot of replacement . on this a/c and the blower . . I have been reading and searching all over and have tried everything to get just the blower to work .
Also i do not hear and click when i try to turn on the fan or the defogger . They worked before . I do not need the a/c as of right now but the blower is the most important thing that I am looking to get running .

If you have no power on the blowers blue wire with key on, then either you have a blown fuse in engine 60A, inside 30A (heater) or inside 10A (heater relay); OR your blower relay is bad; OR bad wiring.

ok i bought the blower relay behind the glove box so that is new . Now i have look at the wires of the blue wires and i do not see anything . i have check all the fuses. now the 60A fuse is that the one that is screw in ? near the front of the car ? because i keep looking at them and i do not see anything wrong . so from what I have read this runs the alt and the blower hmmmm... looks like i going to get my hands dirty . how much do they cost to replace ?

Well unless you have all kinds of things not working I wouldn't suspect the 60A fuse (door locks, dome light, windows, radio, theft alarm, reminder buzzers, garage door opener, etc.

The blower motor relay is just above the inside fusebox (relay on right).

yes i have change the blower relay i think ? that the one with the white clay or did i miss one .... everything in the car works it is stock no power nothing . i am thinking bad wire . i just think if i can make the time because of work . i can find that bad wire .
is there a fuse near the ac unit ? like behind it

I don't have a NT so I can't answer some of your questions. I am looking at a 99 Mitsu factory NT diagrams manual. Usually the problem is a faulty blower switch but if you're sure the large blue wire going to the blower has no power (with key on), then start checking voltages. Make sure you have 12v on both sides of those inside fusebox 30A (heater) and inside 10A (heater relay) fuses. Then pull out the blower relay and check if voltage is on it's input and output pins.

As I said you first need to see if you have power (voltmeter or test light) on the blowers large blue wire with key on. If you don't, it won't matter about the resistors or the blower switch because those are on the ground side (other side) of the blower.

I did that luv2rallye and that part I understand . I did both volt meter and test light . There is no power coming off the blue wire . and i know the fan works because I took it out and test it . i am thinking the wire that leads to the relays are bad because both do not work .

my thinking is the ground and the power wire coming from the engine bay is the problem . I have 6 relays that i pick up from a pick a part .

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back