The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Bleeder valve/clutch bleeding help - (PIC)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClassicalBor

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 9, 2006
Baltimore, Maryland
I am bleeding my clutch on my 98 GST and I have searched and read through about 1000 different ways to bleed the clutch. However, thats not my problem.

I am working alone and am just going to Gravity Bleed my clutch. I got a clear vinyl tubing attached to the bleeder valve, but I cannot release the 10mm bolt behind it. Is that the correct bolt I am supposed to loosen, or is it the other 10mm bolt behind the brace where the clutch fluid line actually connects to the slave cylinder? :confused:

It may just be WAY over torqued because I keep stripping the bolt at the bleeder valve and cannot get it loose to start bleeding.

In my picture, should I be loosening bolt #1 or #2 as marked (i've been trying bolt #1). :hmm:

EDIT: I also appear to be missing a bolt holding the slave to the bell housing? Lol. (circled)

Attachments

• slavecylinder.jpg
    slavecylinder.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 165
Number 1. Put a ratchet and socket on it to break it loose, the "bolt" gets rounded very easily.

Hmm... put a ratchet on it? Thats gonna go over top the bleeder valve. You mean I should just use a ratchet to Loosen it, then while brake fluid is pouring on my face put the tighten it back up enough to remove the socket and put the tube on then go back and use a regular wrench? :sneaky:

Hmm... put a ratchet on it? Thats gonna go over top the bleeder valve. You mean I should just use a ratchet to Loosen it, then while brake fluid is pouring on my face put the tighten it back up enough to remove the socket and put the tube on then go back and use a regular wrench? :sneaky:

You got it. It's a crappy job and your tools always get dirty.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back