The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Black Widow97's Talon: Brought back from the grave.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So... i can come use your garage for my rebuild right...? LOL nice work man. I wish i had a work space that open, if i put my talon in my garage, i cant even open the doors LOL. Its come a long way man, nice job :)

POS! LOL
Corey i need a j-pipe going to the sidemount. (Just the j-pipe) got a link or something?

or post a pic of yours so i can check it out!

LOL Mine is from ExtremePSI. Keiya was selling a nice one very similar to mine in the classifieds. You can ask if he still has it. I see them in the classifieds often, so keep an eye in there.

Nice car!! I'm not too crazy about having a pillar pod on my dd so this is what I did... My boost gauge/controller is down by my knee, right in front of the ODB2 port. :ninja: I can see it easily through the steering wheel and still hook up my Tactrix cable. The other 2 guages are a little more obvious to see.

Very nice and clean setup you have there. I have never been a fan of that gauge pod, but it goes very well in your car. :thumb:

So... i can come use your garage for my rebuild right...? LOL nice work man. I wish i had a work space that open, if i put my talon in my garage, i cant even open the doors LOL. Its come a long way man, nice job :)

Thanks man. And yup, come on over. :p

Very aggressive looking car.
You should probably tint it though, looks like it gets pretty warm in there.

I plan to tint it. Just working on other little things first. It doesn't get too warm though, the tan doesn't get super hot like black does.

Awesome build/restore, I have two questions tho. In post #3, what are your taillights tinted with? They don't look dark enough to be nightshades but I like the look. And second, how do you like those powerslot rotors? Does the black coating keep the insides from rusting?

Awesome build/restore, I have two questions tho. In post #3, what are your taillights tinted with? They don't look dark enough to be nightshades but I like the look. And second, how do you like those powerslot rotors? Does the black coating keep the insides from rusting?

The taillights were tinted already when I bought it. I'm not sure what they used to tint them.

I love powerslot rotors. I had them for 3 years on my old ESi as well and they are great. They perform well and look good for a long time.

This has inspired me to convert my RS to a Talon.

I want the 2GB front bumper with a Red Talon Emblem like yours. I have seen so many talon bumpers at the yard. I think next month I might go pick up a sway bar and brackets / Control arms and maybe the 2GB Talon Bumper.

Later on I will look into making a connecter that will let me add the Talon fog lights/switch to the RS. Would be nice to have fog lights.

IDK about getting the Talon taillights. I think that might be a mission! If I do consider doing all of this! I will be asking for your help and Josh's!

Since you both have been through this progress on your Talons! :talon:

Post a recent picture of the car and the back!!!!

I wanna get more tempted to do the swap on the tail lights! I know the electric harness wiring for the rear tail lights would be different! If I can tint the tail lights that dark + Red Talon on it.

I would be a very happy fellow!

Convince me please!! :talon:

Also are those Fog lights the same as the GSX 95-96? Eagle 95-98? or are they different?

Wow, I am impressed how well it turned out.

Just curious, did you do the painting (Hood and Bumper) or some one else did?..

Really nice car you have there dud.

I had the bumper painted at a shop. The hood is CF, so that did not get painted.

Arnie, 2Gb Talon foglights are unique to those years. They are much different than the Eclipse foglights

And since Arnie asked, here a few more recent pics.

2012-08-26_17-00-57_749.jpg

2012-08-26_17-05-04_619.jpg

2012-08-26_17-03-32_928.jpg

2012-08-26_17-02-19_493.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And since Arnie asked, here a few more recent pics.

2012-08-26_17-00-57_749.jpg

2012-08-26_17-05-04_619.jpg

2012-08-26_17-03-32_928.jpg

2012-08-26_17-02-19_493.jpg

So clean!!! Your friend needs to clean his fog lights :p :talon: and Thank you!!!! ^__^

Conversion is underway next month after I see if I have money left over from transmission...

I had the bumper painted at a shop. The hood is CF, so that did not get painted.

Arnie, 2Gb Talon foglights are unique to those years. They are much different than the Eclipse foglights

Guess I might not get fog lights quite yet. I shall wait. I have seen a few Eclipse 95-96 Fog lights, but now I will keep an eye out for a 2GB Talon bumper + lights! Thanks for clearing that up for me!

Wait that Talon is your girls?

Tell me why your kid is gonna own a DSM in the future! :p

Small update: The car has been sitting in winter storage since October. Not much has been done to it at all. I have some supplies sitting in the shop to wet sand the orange peel off of the spoiler. Also this is the time of the year where I start getting the itch to start projects to get her ready and make improvements for next summer. My goals for when I take her out next spring are to have the following done.

1. Fix the boost creep. I have 3 ideas on how to do this
-port wastegate even more
-install a catalytic converter
-build fuel system to be able to handle the 20 psi it creeps to (I'm leaning toward this option)
2. Fill my gauge pod. I need wideband and oil pressure
3. Install side skirts. I am going to paint them in my refinish class in school. They should be going in within the next few weeks.

And here are a few edited pics taken at some car shows last summer.

553218_298599030236588_935078723_n_zps6fe9e510.jpg

540860_298599106903247_1244897402_n_zps0a000bba.jpg

522189_345132772249880_499044624_n_zpse06fd9f1.jpg

407607_345132695583221_1050887009_n_zps1e763794.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back