1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Battery relocation routing

Posted by eclipse420ags, Nov 2, 2012

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. eclipse420ags

eclipse420ags Proven Member

Joined Feb 20, 2010
    Martinez, Georgia
    Does anybody have pix or can tell me of how the routed there battery from the trunk to engine bay? I took my driver fender off last last night but it looks like it will be a pain to route that way.

2. SoNew

SoNew Proven Member

Joined Mar 5, 2011
    Madison, Wisconsin
    under the carpet on the passenger side, remove the plastic trim by the door jam and go on the inside of that. make sure nothing is going to pinch it (bolts, brackets). Anything that will pinch the cable will cause resistance, resistance causes heat, heat causes fire etc... go through the firewall and remember to use a rubber grommet otherwise the metal firewall will slowly eat through the cable and short out.

244  0

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    manual · 2G DSM
  3. eclipse420ags

eclipse420ags Proven Member

Joined Feb 20, 2010
    Martinez, Georgia
    Do I have to take off the fender if I go that way?

4. schalk35

schalk35 Proven Member

Joined Jan 27, 2012
    Lansing, Michigan
    Do you have to take off a fender to go through the firewall? :ohdamn: To answer your question no. Keep your fender on and route the wiring underneath the carpet like I did.

5. Fehrion_sit

Fehrion_sit Proven Member

Joined Oct 6, 2009
    chalfont, Pennsylvania
    can we see how your cable comes out of the fire wall and to the fuse box/start

368  0

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 1G DSM
  6. eclipsemf

eclipsemf Proven Member

Joined Jun 10, 2010
    Glen, New Hampshire

No once you remover your battery look at where there is a wire harness coming through the fire wall and run it in there, then under the carpet along the side. And like said make sure to run it through the rubber grommet that is already there if you go that route.

723  0

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    · 2G DSM
  7. snowborder714

snowborder714 Moderator

Joined Oct 15, 2006
    Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania