The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Battery cable

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steven A Schiltz

Proven Member
Apr 13, 2019
Memphis, Tennessee
So here my question do the battery cables that go from the battery to the starter and from the battery to the starter do they have inline fuse links?

Or just straight is so was amp are they. First fsm and the previous owner decided to do his own wiring

Battery to the alternator I ment, I see I put the same this twice

Last edited by a moderator:
I swear the oem wiring for the alternator is fusible link wiring so that the internal metal wire (it's a pair of white insulated wires) will melt/fail in overload conditions. I have this vague recollection of discovering that in my research when I was designing my alternator/battery rewire.

If you're wondering if you should put a fuse of some kind between the alternator and everything else you absolutely should.

I swear the oem wiring for the alternator is fusible link wiring so that the internal metal wire (it's a pair of white insulated wires) will melt/fail in overload conditions. I have this vague recollection of discovering that in my research when I was designing my alternator/battery rewire.

If you're wondering if you should put a fuse of some kind between the alternator and everything else you absolutely should.
Stock wiring already has a fusible link for the alternator. Its even labeled as such and its bolt in.

Well the previous owner did a battery relocation with amp wire and there no protection in the wires and I want to add the protection so I was just trying to find what fuses to use. This car is no where near the stock wiring haha been going behind him for almost a year because I keep finding more and more wiring problems (face palm) the guy did it as a cheap build and I know and what I'm figuring out you need some know how to maintain and repair these cars and kinda need some know how to do so. So this website has really help.

Isn’t there a starter relay though? Or am I over thinking and that’s from the ignition to the starter signal wire?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back