The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G AWD and FWD exhaust differences

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

@gofer Hey, sorry for necro-ing this thread but I'm trying to find out if it's at all possible to put a 2G AWD stock downpipe (from O2 housing to cat) on a 2G FWD DSM. I came across this thread but the pictures you linked are not showing anymore. Do you think you can reupload them at all? Thanks in advance!

It's alright, that's what the forum's for! I don't have the photos any longer and they got lost when the site moved servers so I have no idea how to get them back. That being said, the 2g AWD downpipe is different than the 2g FWD downpipe. That being said, it will still fit but the exhaust hangers are in different locations and it won't mate up with your catback exhaust, which is completely different on a 2g FWD as well.

Here you can see the routing of the exhaust from when my car was FWD to when I converted it to AWD.

FWD exhaust routing
dscn1717-jpg.131218

AWD exhaust routing
dsc_0667-jpg.131558

It's alright, that's what the forum's for! I don't have the photos any longer and they got lost when the site moved servers so I have no idea how to get them back. That being said, the 2g AWD downpipe is different than the 2g FWD downpipe. That being said, it will still fit but the exhaust hangers are in different locations and it won't mate up with your catback exhaust, which is completely different on a 2g FWD as well.

Here you can see the routing of the exhaust from when my car was FWD to when I converted it to AWD.

FWD exhaust routing
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

AWD exhaust routing
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
Well glad I found this thread. I bought a gst parts car with brand new exhaust and wondered if I could put it on my gsx Now I see thanks

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back