The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Archer Fabrications T3 Turbo Manifold

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Archer Fabrications

10+ Year Contributor
May 9, 2011
Scottsdale, Arizona
Just thought I'd show the standard placement 2g DSM T3 turbo manifold i was working on last night. i just finished with the rough design (not polished or beveled yet). Sch40 304L stainless steel, will be fully back purged, CNC plasma cut 1/2" mild steel flanges welded with aluminum heat sinks, and decked flat, stainless tial 44mm wastegate flange with tear drop outlet and built around a GT35R sized turbo! The insides of the collector and runners to head flange will be welded. I'll use this thread to post as the progress comes along, as well as on instagram @archerfabrications. What do you guys think so far? nothing is set in stone so changes may still be made to the over all runner layout.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Is it equal length? It's a must for pulse separation. Otherwise it will hurt spool up and choke flow. Alot of people don't think about this when making a manifold.
I think it's pretty dang close. The one on the left is still bein worked on. This isnt my first manifold, i used to work for a well known shop down in phoenix building honda and evo turbo manifolds every day. Now I'm doing Archer Fabrications.

I'm not allowed to talk about pricing or availability in this thread, as I'm not a vendor. You would have to keep that to PM. This thread i just to document the fabrication progress of my DSM T3 standard placement manifold :)

Last edited:
Why the plasma cut mild flanges instead of the nicer stainless with the cnc transistions? The plasma ones kinda suck, theres a lot of time in rework just to get them useable IMHO.

AMS used to have some super nice investment cast stainless flanges with nice long transitions molded in. I wish we could still get them.

Why the plasma cut mild flanges instead of the nicer stainless with the cnc transistions? The plasma ones kinda suck, theres a lot of time in rework just to get them useable IMHO.

AMS used to have some super nice investment cast stainless flanges with nice long transitions molded in. I wish we could still get them.

The ones I'm getting are not off the shelf flanges, super clean and look almost like waterjet and only need a surface finish which doesnt take too long, And i form the pipe to the port size, no need for a 3d transition. However, like the one in my pictures (which is 3D) it's something i consider from time to time. I'm willing to do anything as far as fancy head flanges with 3d transitions, i have no problem using stainless flanges either, it just comes down to how much do i want it to cost me. Mild flanges tend to seal better on the head, are less prone to warping, and are more cost effective.

Last edited:
Very nice! I see you have come craftsman DNA in your blood by friend keep up the good work:applause:

Thanks man! I'm trying to get this one done but it's been 115 to 117 in phoenix and I'm dieing LOL this is my first summer down here, I'm from seattle origionally LOL.

Last edited:
FYI, Treadstone does a nice cast stainless head flange that is very similar to the old AMS one. I used one in a manifold build about two years ago and it worked out very nicely.

FYI, Treadstone does a nice cast stainless head flange that is very similar to the old AMS one. I used one in a manifold build about two years ago and it worked out very nicely.
Are they a butt weld or socketed with those port extensions? I'm a huge fan of socket welded flanges

Okay just finished the prep worj and re tacked everything together, here is the final revision, equal runners to within 1/2"!

Waiting for my dynasty210dx to show up before i weld this one up!

Okay just finished the prep worj and re tacked everything together, here is the final revision, equal runners to within 1/2"!

Waiting for my dynasty210dx to show up before i weld this one up!
Daggumm that looks good!!

I've been seeing your stuff on Instagram without actually knowing it was you. I just connected the dots after reading this. Great work, as always.

How's the access to the wastegate v-band bolt? That second pic looks a little tight.
The gate provision isnt even cut or welded on, i just stuck the gate there to get an idea of runner clearance :D even if it was there, the great thing about vbands is you can rotate them.

I've been seeing your stuff on Instagram without actually knowing it was you. I just connected the dots after reading this. Great work, as always.
Thanks for the kind words! Yeah i wish i could change my name on here, not really wanting to make another profile. :) ive been following you for a bit! Your gvr4 is clean AF.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back