The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Any DSM meets in San Diego

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turns out the block I got was a n/a so its a no go. Frankozz is selling a 6 bolt so maybe I will grab it from him 8D. Now we play the waiting game. Kris is gonna do the swap for me which will definately save me some money so long as I can get the engine he's selling for 500. Should be easier since he's selling it complete.

Do it. :thumb:

Not this guy, and I'm not speaking for Kris but I'm pretty sure he's taking this weekend off as well. I'm BEAT on wrenching on DSM's for a week or so after I fix my boost leak. Doing that Head/FMIC/Alternator install was a pain in Kris and my ASS, my cars still at Kris's house because of a TB boost leak.

I'm pissed AND pumped at my car right now, I just need a break from it before my fingers are permanently stained with oil/grease/blood.

:dsm:

man i was wondering how that went. sorry to here about the gremlins. atleast you still got old reliable to drive you around.
Nope, I don't have $HIT to drive around and im FVCKING PISSED too. I let a friend borrow old reliable for a WEEK starting Easter, guess who still has my fvcking car?

I'm headed to Kris's house right now to keep wrenching on my POS and hopefully we get the boost leak fixed. Damn car. :coy:

Damn, good luck Corey! I was hoping to see you this Friday at Qualcomm too =/ It will all be worth it in the end of course :thumb:

BTW, what is leaking in your TB? FIAV? or just the gasket? I believe people use block-off plate(s) inside or even "weld" it shut.

so whos heading down to qualcomm this friday??? i hope to get my car ready by then...! hope i make it
I should be there racing again.

FIXED IT. There was a chunk of TB gasket not allowing it to seal to the IM on the bottom backside of it. The cars idling like a champ and there are no fluid leaks, I'm going to do a serious BLT to it tomorrow and do a good WOT pull to see what she does. I'm not going to run it on Friday though, I'm going to wait until its tuned or else I'm just beating on the tranny for nothing. I want the time slip to say 7.XX at 95+mph...

I just tracked my order and dsmlink is gonna get here friday which ###### wont be enough time to tune on the same day to have it ready for qualcom. After logging with the old palm I saw the chip i have now has a crappy tune so its kinda pointless trying to race. = / Ima go watch though.

we will see how everything goes this week but more than likely not gonna make it. got alot of stuff to do to make it to barona next weekend. plus I got to go through and scale these 1650 injectors for the 91 oct then for the e85 and 30 lbs of boosts or more

yea imma try to go....! i got the motor in today... had to install it through the bottom...! jajaja check out the blog...! i just want to see how it does...!

It sounds like everybody has a lil something to work on! Fun stuff.

If any of you saw what appeared to be a jet afterburner bombing the 163S/8W to Point Loma tonight around 9:30 that was me. I was doing a 50% throttle pull and backfired like a champ, then I was backfiring LOUD all the way home. It sucked but it was also pretty sweet since cars were afraid to pass me even though I was going 10mph UNDER the speed limit trying to baby the boost leak home. LOL

chuckdog_5 said:
dsms always need work, always
Now ain't that the truth? LOL My repair manuals were always handy.

Car is back up and running with fans hooked up. Now all I gotta do is figure out my check engine light, I'm sure it has something to do with my afc wires. When it was stolen they cut the wires so it's sitting there with te afc wires chillin, I just want to put it to stock for for the time
being, don't want another afc2 stolen.

^That would make sense since the airflow circuit is incomplete without the unit. You can either wire the in/out back together or re-install another AFC with zero correction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back