The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

All Black Interior

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dadude1425

Probationary Member
May 15, 2013
Jacksonville, Texas
I currently have the Saronno Red exterior with the black and tan interior, but I think it would look much nicer with an all black interior, much like this pic I found on a thread on here about carpet cleaning (sorry, I don't remember the user or have a link :/) ...

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I don't want to mess with painting, knowing it won't look as good or stand up to any wear, so does anyone know how I would go about finding all the trim pieces? These cars aren't popular at all in my area. I've maybe seen 3 other 2G DSMs within a 100 mile radius, so junk/salvage yards and classifieds are out. I tried JNZ Tuning, and though I was looking for '99 parts (I'm pretty sure the OZ Rally Edition had an all black interior, and I thought those would be listed too), they didn't have any special black pieces that are normally gray. Is there a website or somewhere I can go to get these OZRE trim pieces?

best place is craigslist, there's a full black interior set where i live for $300 in good shape.

I don't think an entire black interior was ever offered. My car came with the black interior, and the glove box, sides of the center console, the panel below the steering wheel, and the carpet were all gray. To get an entire back interior you will either have to paint it or apply some kind of coating/covering or wrap.

That interior in the pic is painted (at least some of it is) The lower dash, center console sides, and carpet don't come in black and the material on those seats doesn't look stock it looks like they may have been reupholstered. The trunk are and hatch trim are not available in black either.

Yes, That's right, carpet rear end and lower parts under the cluster didn't came black in any model, Also the upper side peaces didn't came in black ether (A pillars, where the seat belts mount on etc).

I got all black interior and I paint all the grey peaces as well, I heat all the parts before painting so the paint can stick into the plastic.

I have 6 months with it and haven't seeing anything pealing off though.

Instead of painting, can dash/center console parts be covered with thin vinyl leather (and still look good)? Do know that if heated with a heatgun that vinyl will soften up and become shapable, but will it stay if attached using something like headliner adhesive? If that can be done, it could be a good alternative to paint for those who want to change interior color.

Best thing is to either paint it or find a full interior of another color, i painted a full interior before it turned out great depends on how much time you prep and take your time doing it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back