The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink AFRest and Max Octane Table

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nice97civic

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 29, 2004
lancaster, Pennsylvania
Both my max and min octane tables are identical and the richest afr is 10.8:1, however, I'm getting afrest readings of 10.0 while on the table, it's reading the 10.8afr cell. Is there a specific reason why this is happening?

This is a log prior where the peak (richest) afr stays at 10.8 however the reason I'm posting is because after reading through another thread where Stapl3 was extremely helpful, there seems to be something fishy. You'll note the ridiculous WBFactor that I'm getting. This log I started over and kept mafcomp the zeroed out but regardless something just doesnt seem right.

Attachments

• log.2021.12.20-01.elg
    11.7 KB · Views: 21
Even after playing with it using the AEM calibration table, the AFR's shown by the gauge are silly rich and so aside from chucking it in the trash, not sure what to do from there other than plopping in my lc2 which is the likely next step.

Did you open-air calibrate it? I'm not a fan of AEM anything on these cars, but it should be working.

Easy thing to try for diagnosis would be to really screw with the global % and see if anything changes with the WB behavior.

Well for starters, you said you have pte 1000s? At what fuel pressure? Are you using an adjustable fpr?
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Second, is the wideband gauge in the car reading 7s and 8s like link is? If not, you need to get that sorted out first. My lc-2 wasn't reading right, and then I got an mtx-l and it was off too. Ended up having to use the linear wideband function in link to get it right. It's probably still not perfect, but it's within .1-.3 now.

I’m using the linear wideband function and it still doesn’t come out right. Also the gauge doesn’t read below I believe 10.0 so if it shows 10.0 it could be 8.0. I’m going to swap gauges and see what’s what

If you set the lin wideband parameters up yourself, I don't see how it could be off unless you have faulty wiring somewhere man. I'm not the end-all expert on the subject but I did just spend some weeks pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to get the wideband to match in link 🤷‍♂️.

In the log you posted, the wideband is just set up as a regular ol' aem wideband and not linear.

If you set the lin wideband parameters up yourself, I don't see how it could be off unless you have faulty wiring somewhere man. I'm not the end-all expert on the subject but I did just spend some weeks pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to get the wideband to match in link 🤷‍♂️.

In the log you posted, the wideband is just set up as a regular ol' aem wideband and not linear.
I may just be brain dead but I checked again and I'm fairly certain it's setup as linear? It's very possible I'm missing something.

When you are targeting a AF target and car is off on wide band then the airflow calculations are off. When they are way off to make it hit then that means injectors are set incorrectly. The numbers on a sheet of paper are starting point. I always set injector global so SD table hits 100VE where it should for the set up or maf comp lines up. When done correctly the lb/min also becomes fairly accurate as i have seen in doing it this way when the cars are on the dyno.

So I’m on board with the fuel settings being off but I’m not so sure where they should be. The car is now reading very rich, 10:1, in open loop. It’s on MAF and now I’m unsure what’s going on. Another weird thing. After cruising at highway speeds for 10-15min, the wideband starts reading super rich. Ie: 12:1. It just changes out of nowhere. Tracking the log it’s reading thr max octane table in the 14.7:1 cells. I’m not sure if my linear wideband settings are off. If my field settings are off. Etc.

Ok, well, of the 2 AEM units, I think the 4110 is the most likely to be sending a bad 0-5v signal to your logger.
But often the gauge on it will still read ok even if the 0-5v signal is garbage.
I do think the lc-2 would be better. I had an LC-1 for a long time that logged perfectly as far as I could tell.
My 4110 sends garbage out on the 0-5v wire and I am about to replace it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back