1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

General HX35 93 Octane max HP ?

Posted by 91dsm, Apr 18, 2019

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication
  1. 91dsm

91dsm Proven Member

Joined Sep 12, 2014
    Perkasie, Pennsylvania
    After doing a bit of digging I cant seem to find anything definitive on this. Does anybody have experience making some bigger numbers (450-500hp) on 93 octane pump gas with a HX35 or HY35. If so give me an idea of what setup I might be looking at and how practical this is. Also for what its worth ill be using a stock 6 bolt.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  2. bastarddsm

bastarddsm Proven Member

Joined Aug 26, 2003
    Mendota, Illinois
    might be doable. couple guys have done it. I never had any luck with pump gas though. Gonna need good cams and an intake.

Showcar Build 5K  1

1991 Eagle Talon N/T
    9.805 @ 144.00 · 1G DSM
  3. 91dsm

91dsm Proven Member

Joined Sep 12, 2014
    Perkasie, Pennsylvania
    Thanks hopefully ill be somewhere in the 400 range.